 Marketplace / Shopping / 1983
Re: Toys R Us Experience
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 02:36:24 GMT

Also becuase it might siphon sales at full-price. I.e., why but it
today... wait two days and save 25% :)

Ray

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" wrote:

Because of the idiots who would then go into the store with the ad and demand the
sale price, too lazy to look at the dates the sale is good for, most likely.

James Brown wrote:

In lugnet.market.shopping, Tom Stangl writes:
Say what?  The weekly sales (that are nationwide) RARELY get out to the
consumers before Sat evening at the earliest, for sales that start Sunday.
Unless you are on their mailing list, and even then, they try to get the
circulars to you as close to Sat as possible (lately it's been Fri for Kmart

Really?  I don't pay a whole lot of attention to flyers and such (they
typically go straight into recycle), so I basically assumed.  Wow.  Why on
earth would they not want to advertise a sale ahead of time?  Since you imply
its common, I suppose there's some reasoning behind it, but I don't get it.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

--
Tom Stangl