 Marketplace / Shopping / 1993
Re: Learningsmith Going (went) out of business
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 22:00:55 GMT

I got some RIS at $173, some cheaper, and have already bought all the RIS1.5
upgrades for them and sold the ones I had (I LOST money on 2, made money on the
other 3, so it evened out) available.

I have 3 RDS for sale for $110, though - got them for $90 from Target.  After CA tax
and the gas to track them down, I'm making a whopping $5-10 on each.  But I figured
I'd pick them up, SOMEONE on Lugnet would want them.

Steve Bliss wrote:

So, did anyone get any great LEGO deals when Learningsmith shutdown?  They never
carried much (in GR at least), except Mindstorms.

I found out about it in the last week of the clearance, so most everything in
the store was gone.  Including quite a bit that was nailed down.

There was no LEGO left when we got there.  We settled for some Zome and Pokemon
odds-n-ends.

Steve