 Technic / 612
Re: best set for micromotors, pneumatics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 06:20:27 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ben Jackson writes:
I hate to ask this question, but I just can't work it out from the DB or the
the technic website...  What is the best set to buy to get some micromotors? • I
know now that the space shuttle set has one (wish I'd known that when I saw • one
on clearance!).

You could get in touch with one of the Zany Brainy's that still has the 8480
on sale for $75 as a clearance piece.  I was in one today that still had 5 of
them on the floor (literally, on the floor ;-) ) that were marked $75.  If you
write me an email (remove REMOVE) I will tell you which ZB it was where I saw
the sets (to avoid you getting cut off.)

It is my understanding that ZB's will ship things to you from individual
stores.

Now for some Technic content, so that this post isn't a pure market post, the
micro motor in the 8480 comes with two bottom brackets and not top bracket,
top bracket being my term for the bracket that has the studs on it.  It is
done this way so that the satellite is symetrical.

Will