 Technic / 942
Re: best set for micromotors, pneumatics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 23:19:30 GMT

Ben Jackson schreef:

I hate to ask this question, but I just can't work it out from the DB or the
the technic website...  What is the best set to buy to get some micromotors?  I
know now that the space shuttle set has one (wish I'd known that when I saw one
on clearance!).  Are there any technic sets which have micromotors?  Should I
just buy from Pitsco or S&H?

And as long as I'm asking a what-set-to-buy question, how about pneumatics?
I'm thinking about the 8479 Barcode Truck, the 8462 Tow Truck (also has 6 of
those fabulous wheels), the 8446 Crane Truck (green is my favorite color, must
get green lego!), and the 8445 Indy Storm.  The pneumatics are a bit pricey
from Pitsco so I figured I might as well get a bunch of other bricks with
them.  I'm looking for both big and little cylinders, the new style pumps,
switches and of course tanks (the Tow Truck has 2!).

Pneumatics : 8462 tow truck is a good set, 3 cylinders, 3 valve sets and 2
air tanks.
Micro motor : 8480 space shuttle, which is on sale in a lot of places
(damn.. I paid almost $130 for it 2 months ago)

The little cylinders I don't know... I ordered some directly from LEGO, at
about $3 each.
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://www.nl.3dgamers.com
3D Sims Archive maintainer   | http://www.3dgamers.com