 Technic / 610
Re: best set for micromotors, pneumatics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 04:57:42 GMT

Hi Ben,
If you are just looking for the Micro motors your best bet is probably S@H..
the barcode truck doesnt have any pnuematics , it uses the flex system cables
the crane truck and the indy storm use only that  new "hydrolic action"
compression cylinder  for opening canopies.... the only set that you mentioned
that has the actual pnuematics is the blue tow truck ... now that the  technic
sub set is sold out( its possible you might find this thru the Lego outlet
store in Virgina) the only set that I know of that has the blue tanks is that
blue tow truck. As for more of the large, and small cylinders and switches, S@H
again is probably the way to go. Hope this helps.
    John
In lugnet.technic, Ben Jackson writes:
I hate to ask this question, but I just can't work it out from the DB or the
the technic website...  What is the best set to buy to get some micromotors?  I
know now that the space shuttle set has one (wish I'd known that when I saw one
on clearance!).  Are there any technic sets which have micromotors?  Should I
just buy from Pitsco or S&H?

And as long as I'm asking a what-set-to-buy question, how about pneumatics?
I'm thinking about the 8479 Barcode Truck, the 8462 Tow Truck (also has 6 of
those fabulous wheels), the 8446 Crane Truck (green is my favorite color, must
get green lego!), and the 8445 Indy Storm.  The pneumatics are a bit pricey
from Pitsco so I figured I might as well get a bunch of other bricks with
them.  I'm looking for both big and little cylinders, the new style pumps,
switches and of course tanks (the Tow Truck has 2!).

--Ben