 Technic / 823
Re: best set for micromotors, pneumatics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 04:43:19 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ben Jackson writes:

And as long as I'm asking a what-set-to-buy question, how about pneumatics?
I'm thinking about the 8479 Barcode Truck, the 8462 Tow Truck
[snip]

Well to follow up on my own post, I must say the 8462 Tow Truck is a great
"parts" set, although the main model is so nice you might be unwilling to take
it apart.  This set is LOADED with big beams, plus the of course the
pneumatics.  And finally a big set which doesn't include a zillion-cylinder
model engine.  We need a jambalaya box with just the new-style model engine
components.  Each person would throw in all of their cams, cylinders and
pistons and add them to the end of the V250 engine...

I'm kicking myself for not getting a few Search Subs, which went on S&H
clearance just as I asked this question.  I just didn't recognize them in the
list of sale sets...

--Ben