 General / 37543
Re: New legend is up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 22:51:43 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tom Stangl writes:
Allan Bedford wrote:

I'm just floating the idea that some of the old sets, although dated, could
be turned into a Legend if so desired.  But so could many good (large and
small) sets from the 80's and of course 90's.  I'm not suggesting that any
of these sets ever come out again, only that they _could_.

Agreed.

And I still wonder ONE thing - if the 375 reissue would have been noted to be
released in GREY instead of yellow, how would the voting have gone then?

I voted for Main Street.  I have ZERO interest in Castle.  But if they would have
done a grey 375 Legend, I would have voted for it instantly.

I would as well.  For the same reason.  I could turn it into buildings other
than a castle.

I wonder if there is any harm in LEGO even _considering_ an idea like this?
That is..... rereleasing an old set in a color that didn't exist when the
set was first issued?

Let me reiterate immediately.  I'm only asking the question, "Is this
something LEGO could *think* about?"  Please don't anyone jump on me by
thinking that I'm suggesting they must go forward with an idea like this.
Maybe there just isn't demand for old sets in new colors.  Or, on the other
hand, maybe not enough people have even given it some thought.

[I'm not being snappy, it's just that I seem to have a history of being
misunderstood on issues like this.  I figured I'd save a posting by clearing
the air right away.]     :)

All the best!
Allan B.