 General / 37550
Re: New legend is up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 01:52:54 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:
As well, the Lunar Base (set #367) looks clunky and outdated in blue.  But
imagine it released as a Legend in shades of grey.  All those slopes with
which to build other models.

How can you reconcile saying that this set "looks clunky and outdated in
blue" with claiming that http://guide.lugnet.com/set/371_3 "stands as a fine
example of traditional LEGO building using fairly standard bricks, slopes
and plates"?

a)  Traditional LEGO built models often do look clunky. (old school stuff
that I'm always harping about)  I didn't mean it as a slam against them,
just kind of stating the obvious as I saw it.

b)  I think the grey makeover would make it look ever so svelte.  :)

I'm just offering this as an _example_ of such a thing.  I'm sure others can
offer much better and more realistic examples of sets that would benefit so
greatly by a makeover, that the company might actually consider looking into
this idea.

Best regards,
Allan B.