 General / 37480
Re: New legend is up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 21:13:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.general, John Henry Kruer writes:
Common, Lego.  Give everybody an equel chance.

I could swear that's what they just did: there was a vote.  Blame the
public.

Well, I dunno if it was *quite* an equal chance. Let's say they instigate
another Legend vote and select as hopefuls:

- 6836  V-Wing Fighter
- 6399  Airport Shuttle
- 2539  Batwing Flyer
- 6256  Islander Catamaran

Now, a vote it may be, but even without putting up a poll, I think I could
predict the winner among these. And I wouldn't go blaming the public in the
event that 6399 won. A contest like that is as good as rigged.

Battrax wasn't really on the same level "Legend-wise" (I don't think) as the
other sets on the list. Had they picked the Galaxy Explorer, Intergalactic
Command Base, Galaxy Commander, Message Intercept Base, etc, then there
probably would've been more of a chance of a space set winning on sheer appeal.

DaveE