 General / 37500
Re: New legend is up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:07:40 GMT

If I knew any better, I'd think that LEGO direct was trying to sway the vote
from these two hallmark sets.

You look at the rarity of these sets these days...and the costs of these
sets on on-line marketplaces....well, that's my opinion anyways.

I still don't buy the trouble with the molds theory.
There are two things that I will agree with, and that is that molds do
cost a lot of money, and that currently there is only a limited amount of
molds that Lego Direct has access to.

You look at the new sets, and these have not only new colors but also new
parts...hence new molds.  These are from other divisions within LEGO, but
there shouldn't be too much stopping them from recreating the helmet type
on yellow castle.  I think this is what drove the price the way it did.
That and the stickers...

I think those helms are very cool....

In lugnet.general, David Carriker writes:
To me, the statements below just indicate that TLC does not have the molds
for those older style pieces, and that they don't want to go to the trouble
or expense of recreating them.

This still doesn't explain why we can by cypress tress in bulk, but they
weren't planning on including it in Main Street.

This is still something that irritates me about the way they presented
the Main Street.  They go to the trouble of coming out with a bulk pack
of Cypress trees, and then decide not to issue the part out with a
prospective updated Main Street.  I can see the reason for updating the
track on the crane, but not the reason not to include the Cyphress tree.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll re-release the other 4 as legends
anyway, because it does seem like they went to a some work to pick out the
sets, and draw up potential release descriptions.

Me too!!!  Unfortunately, we might have to wait until February (Brickwest)
before anymore of the legends gets released.  The Legends line-up only
tends to release 3 or 4 sets a year... :(

Let's hope, Lego Direct puts out another My Own Creation Set....

<snippage>

Ben