 General / 37549
Re: New legend is up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 01:31:01 GMT

I voted for Main Street.  I have ZERO interest in Castle.  But if they would have
done a grey 375 Legend, I would have voted for it instantly.

I would as well.  For the same reason.  I could turn it into buildings other
than a castle.

I wonder if there is any harm in LEGO even _considering_ an idea like this?
That is..... rereleasing an old set in a color that didn't exist when the
set was first issued?

Actually, I not only totally agree with Tom and Alan here, but let me take
it 1 step further.

Colour is very important to me; I think what makes the Jedi Starfighter and
Episode II slave I look so good (other than the specialized pieces
themselves) is the colour scheme accuracy. They both looked good enough that
I bought them ASAP, despite a poor piece/price ratio (I'm generally quite
stingy in that regard).

So I'm not only suggesting classics reissued in modern colours (I'd like an
all-grey castle as well, instead of yellow) but even some more recent sets.
The A wing, I would purchase all over again if it came in the new dark red
instead of the classic red (since it was supposed to be rust coloured). It
would be even nicer, instead of white or tan, that the 'light colour' on the
a-wing were released in cream. Also, the various Tie Fighter variants
(including the UCS) now that the correct blue-grey has been released with
the LOM sets (*not* the light blue also released in that line) I would love
to get tie fighters in the right colours (I want all blue-grey, with black
trim, rather than a mix of blue, light and dark grey to simulate
blue-grey!!!). A snowspeeder with the correct 'dark orange' like the bricks
they created for building the Miniland Golden Gate Bridge, instead of the
current light orange colour.

I'm mostly mentioning Star Wars, but I simply can't think of many examples
of non-licensed property sets that needed updated colours off the top of my
head. But I'm sure someone else can.

Mark W.