 General / 37557
Re: New legend is up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 16:19:36 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
You could claim that the Double Decker Bus (set #384) is also primitive by
today's standards.  But wouldn't some people enjoy it not only for its
original design, but also for all those slopes and windows?

384 is woefully primitive by todays standards and would be viewed as a parts
pack by most, I suspect (and what a parts pack, woohoo... ). That does not a
good legend make, in my view. Spend the SKU on an actual parts pack instead.

I don't know, I think 384 stands up pretty well. Sure, it doesn't have
seats, and perhaps is a bit short for minifigs, so it's not perfect, but
Steve Barile's looks nice on the PNLTC mall layout (I haven't heard
anyone comment on the fact that the vehicles are all correctly on the
left side of the road though...)

It would need some modifications:

- red adventurers wheels instead of the old wheels
- 1x1 brick w/side stud ("headlight") instead of 1x1x1 window, could
have trans-yellow 1x1 plates also
- base built from regular plates (would probably have to be double thick
- might have to have different windows

It would be cool if it came with alternate instructions to make it a bit
taller so minifigs and seats would fit in better.

Frank