 General / 37499
Re: New legend is up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:36:55 GMT

To me, the statements below just indicate that TLC does not have the molds
for those older style pieces, and that they don't want to go to the trouble
or expense of recreating them.

This still doesn't explain why we can by cypress tress in bulk, but they
weren't planning on including it in Main Street.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll re-release the other 4 as legends
anyway, because it does seem like they went to a some work to pick out the
sets, and draw up potential release descriptions.

-David

"Peter Langlois" <legopete@rogers.com> wrote in message
If you read the comments about #375 and #6390 sets it seems to me that TLC
just may release these because they say...

"If the Yellow Castle becomes a LEGO Legend and is reissued, the knights'
helmet and visor would be a little different from the original, updated to
be the same shapes as modern-day LEGO helmets.

If Main Street was relaunched as a LEGO Legend, it would include new • "rails"
for the crane to slide sideways in, new road plates with a broader road • and
fewer rows of studs, and a new tree instead of the tall cypress tree."

which, to me, says that they had already planned these sets for reissue.

Just my $0.02 worth,
Peter