 General / 37552
Re: New legend is up ))Color Variants((
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 00:01:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tom Stangl writes:
I voted for Main Street.  I have ZERO interest in Castle.  But if they
would have done a grey 375 Legend, I would have voted for it instantly.

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:
I wonder if there is any harm in LEGO even _considering_ an idea like this?

It’s a great idea, and something I believe has been discussed here before.
I personally sense that a Dark Gray, Gray, or ultra cool “light Blue” 375
would be outstanding choice set to deliver a variant reproduction offer.

That is..... rereleasing an old set in a color that didn't exist when the
set was first issued?

The topic of ‘Variants’ has been confer upon and I believe
that it’s generally agreed that it’d a phenomenal success.

***Because:
1.)The sets wouldn’t impede upon the collectors market.
2.)The set would provide ample opportunity for new color usage.
3.)And even if you already have the set, you’d still be likely to buy the
variant cause the altered colored parts would be exceptionally useful.
4.)And it’d remain faithful the original design and style that made
the original so very appealing in the first place!!!

I see not down side!
I believe that eventually Lego will do this, I just hope
that it’d be actualized within the next five years…

Variants are so promising, and could easily become a major success for TLG.

           ¤Sincerely,

                       --==RïçhårÐ==--

I'm only asking the question, "Is this something LEGO could *think* about?"

                                       -!I sure hope so!-