 General / *900 (-100)
  Re: Bring Your Minifig To Work Day

(...) Sure, I'm still willing to do it. :) It would give me an excuse to take my digicam to work and snap a bunch of shots. (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) OK, fair enough. What I meant by it not being designed as a barrier was that its original intent was not to be a barrier, even though in practice it is of course a small barrier. I hate to see it tossed about AS a barrier as if that were its (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) ^^^...^^^ (...) ^^^...^^^ (...) ^^^...^^^ (...) ^^^...^^^ (...) Interesting... OK, so there are still probably quite a few people out there who don't read RTL regularly enough to have noticed that there are specialized newsgroups here... And (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

Todd Lehman wrote: <snip> (...) This would be a good thing. I'd say it ought to just present the facts in a fairly dry way. All the "evangelists" would have a copy and just post it in reply. I could take a swag, I guess. (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) It's my perception anyway, I have heard many people saying that they no longer post to RTL. (...) Well not if RTL was used instead of lugnet.general (but as has been said they have different purposes), then LUGNET people would still post to (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) It would mean the ability to crosspost to lugnet.* groups, yes -- but only for those people who have gone through the news posting setup at: (URL) other words, only the people who have succesfully crossed Larry's gate/ barrier would be allowed (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) But, requiring people to reveal true names, and to be civil IS a barrier. A good barrier, and one 98% (1) of the community will have no difficulty crossing. Call it a filter if you will. But it's a filter I wish maintained. I prefer not to (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Bring Your Minifig To Work Day

Bring Your Minifig To Work Day is coming up soon -- I think it's supposed to be on Friday, December 11 this year. That date also happens to be Mike Stanley's birthday, and he agreed a few months ago to accept a collection of minifigs by mail and (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

Todd Lehman skrev i meddelandet <3660932d.30465790@l...et.com>... (...) If it would mean _better_ coverage of all messages, I'm all for it (I _very_ often see answers to messages that doesn't show up until the next day - or never) I think You can (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New LEGO Newsgroups!!

(...) [...] (...) The vast majority of people won't have those groups, at least I hope not. The official usenet hierarchies aren't quite as chaotic as alt. These were probably created either by someone being ignorant or being silly. (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) ^^^^^^^^ durrr. That should say "would not" -- it would not be _moved_ here, just carried here. --Todd (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) Let me state that a slightly different way -- It is not supposed to be a place for a few select people to congregate and behave in a way that is natural for them (which just happens to be civil). It is supposed to be a place for everyone to (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) Yes, 100% correct -- it would mean no change to RTL whatsoever, except perhaps crossposting in headers, which I'm beginning to think is inescapable in the long-term due to the way caching NNRP servers work. Anyway, yes, anyone could still read (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) You may be 100% right, before I tackle any of those questions, I need to come to a better understanding of section 202 of the new Digital Millenium Copyright Act of the 105th Congress. It deals with limitations on liabilities for Internet (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

Todd Lehman wrote in message <366163a8.4473573@lu...et.com>... (...) <snipped most of the discussion.....> (...) I'm not sure about this. I really enjoyed RTL for some time, did some good trades, and shared a joke or two. I don't even look there (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

Todd, Could you clarify technically what you mean by hosted on this server? I think there is some confusion. I understand that you are trying to investigate the social implications, but I think everyone needs to understand what would happen (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) Todd, I am new to the newgroup, but have been using RTL extensively for some time. The only way I found out about this set of newgroups was a post on RTL that mentioned them. Active recruitment in RTL would be essential to bring new members (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  RTL on Lugnet

Heya all ! I can't post new mails on RTL since one week ago. I don't know where's the problem but I guess that RTL SHOULD be a host on Lugnet. Both (RTL & Lugnet) are cool ! Thanx. Rene (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) Here goes, but I'd like to hear some response from you on whether you agree with my technical comments (about article expiration and content based verification, specifically) or not. :-) Note that due to size I am putting footnotes on the same (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) I think it would be best -- if RTL were offered -- to offer it in its entirety unchanged. There seem to be quite a few HTML postings there (like maybe 5 a week or more) and I don't think it's possible to educate Usenet newbies about (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

Here are a few comments that stand out in my mind -- things that get to the heart of the matter on a social level. I'd like to hear more opinions on these points... Robert M. Dye: (...) This seems to be a recurring theme lately, spoken in slightly (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) I think the largest problem would be: Moderation!!! Will you moderate RTL on Lugnet as you moderate Lugnet? What effect would that have on people who read RTL via their Newsgroup reader? Will you block spam on RTL from being viewed on Lugnet, (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) I think confusion like this is one of the best reasons to NOT include r.t.l on LUGNET. My personal opinion is that crossposting, unless used with great consideration and thoughtfulness, is a bad thing. The biggest problem with crossposting in (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) It is, ultimately, yes, but while almost all of the administrative decisions here have been clear and solid, some (like this) are too complex and without precedent to make a comfortable gut-level determination. Input is strongly needed in this (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) Hmm, aren't rec.toys.lego and lugnet.general actually very different? -- (that's why the potential for confusion -- because they seem similar at first but aren't really)... lugnet.general is for "general" LEGO or community discussions that (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Received this e-mail from Lego

(...) Interesting -- so those tranparent neon green/yellow hexagonal energy orbs are officially called VoltStones...? --Todd (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) I think it would be a good thing preventing the death of RTL as everyone leaves and moves to LUGNET. (...) I don't think it would make it easier either way as I would still have to use 2 news servers. (...) It would prevent the split currently (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Price of Old Castle sets..

Hi.. I was just wondering, after reading some of these messages, what the prices on these sets I have would be, ballpark figure. Set 375, European version of yellow castle. Box, instructions, most of the parts. the horses & minifigs have mostly gone (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

Todd Lehman wrote in message <3660932d.30465790@l...et.com>... (...) here, (...) If it means you can crosspost, then definitely not. People would just crosspost everything and we'd end up with all sorts of crap and flameage on Lugnet. Other than (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) Well, if that's the deal, leave it alone. Ain't broke; don't fix. And don't initiate something that will be difficult to reverse if it goes bad. Out. JSA (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) No, no, no... I was trying to say you were the wise one by remaining silent. The man who knows what he does not know and is not afraid to say so is wiser by far than the man who thinks he knows it all and is not afraid to say so. :-) (...) The (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

YES YES YES that way I can crosspost! KL (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

Well, I'll risk putting in my two cents, and being thought a fool... I have trouble accessing RTL from time to time. Most recently, I keep getting that there are no new mesages, when I know for a fact that ther are. I had thisa problem once befoore, (...) (26 years ago, 21-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) Ouch. I think. But seriously, I am so cyberchallenged that I don't even understand the questions on this issue. JSA (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

R.T.L. on Lugnet? Does that mean more messages send through than through my current server? I like what lugnet does and it seems that everyone respects the rules so far ......I seen the other day that someone was posting furby's for sale, now what (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

Larry Pieniazek wrote: ...<snip>... (...) For the same reasons above, which very elegantly turned into words by Larry P., I wouldn't like to see it here, but of course it is IMHO, and would happily fit for the thing that others may want. Selçuk (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) I gotta abstain too. It would be more convenient for me, but I see both good and bad things coming from it. (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) Personnaly it costs me little time and no money to maintain the status quo. I am not a big fan of cross posting, so that feature has no appeal. In general I believe that the potential negatives out weigh the upside. It seems as though RTL is (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) Oops, I omitted the above referenced footnote from the last append: Here it is. 1 - I am reminded of the "it is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt" quote... everyone will be able to decide if I'm (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) This is a question worthy of some thought. Nevertheless, I'm gonna share my gut reactions now, and think about it and probably post again. Call it intuition vs. deliberation... What follows is the intuition part. My gut reaction is no. I can (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) Abstain. I really don't understand enough about the ramifications to comment. I'm sure I will be happy with the sense of the group on this one. JSA (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Should RTL be hosted on this server?

Hello Lugnetters, I need help making a very important decision regarding the NNTP server here, and I'd like to hear any opinions and random thoughts you might have. If RTL were hosted on this news server, would that clearly be a good thing, or a (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Legoland California article

(...) This is the lead story in the local news section, click on local news to find it... Presumably by next thursday a different URL will be needed. (26 years ago, 28-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego "Vectors"

(...) The kids or the LEGO? (26 years ago, 28-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: ldraw tutorial

(...) Is it at ldraw faq file? If it is not it sohuld be, it is a very good tutorial. Paulo (26 years ago, 28-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego "Vectors"

(...) Nope. They don't spoil afterall. -michael (26 years ago, 28-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 Sets

(...) Although I paid another visit to LEGO this week I was only able to get a brief glimpse of the new range. The room where they were was being used for a management meeting. I certainly liked the new train. I don't think it is in the same class (...) (26 years ago, 28-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Probably a FAQ...

(...) I'm not sure I can get this right, but I'll give it a shot... If you want a perfect cube, you take a 2x2 brick, and top it with a 2x2 plate, and top THAT with a 2x2 tile. A standard brick is 3 plates high. So a 2x2 brick is also 5 plates wide (...) (26 years ago, 20-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: ldraw tutorial

(...) Try Bram Lambrecht's Ldraw and Ledit web page at: (URL) Bill Toenjes (TooMuchDew) ICQ UIN#17112614; IRC nick: ^2muchdew wondering if someone else has ever asked your question before you post? try: (URL) (Deja News-Power Search) (26 years ago, 28-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Probably a FAQ...

...what's the ratio of distance between stud centers to thin piece height in a LEGO brick? (Which is to say, if I wanted to build a more-or-less perfect sphere out of LEGO... my own Death Star, f'rinstance... what aspect ratio would I use?) (26 years ago, 28-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: ldraw tutorial

Bram Lambrecht wrote an excellent tutorial on LDraw and LEdit. His site was quickly selected as "Cool Lego Site of the Week" number 100. As such, you can find a link at: (URL) might want to browse some of the other cool sites, as well. Ron (26 years ago, 28-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Legoland California article

There was an article about the new Legoland in the Thursday edition of the San Diego Union Tribune. There wasn't much new in the article, but there were a few pictures. The pictures were black and white in the paper, but there is a color image at (...) (26 years ago, 28-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  ldraw tutorial

Does anyone know where I can find an ldraw tutorial? Tom (26 years ago, 28-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Purple bucket

(...) I got 10 this AM, and they are just plain basic buckets. The one I opened had no flyers or circulars of any sort. Also no green or grey, just white, yellow, red, blue and black. Standard basic bucket stuff, 1x1 through 1x8 and 2x2 through 2x6. (...) (26 years ago, 28-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 Sets

(...) Ahh. Very cool. (26 years ago, 27-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Huw Millington writes: <Snip!> (...) Yes, because of the after-Thanksgiving Sales clear off the shelves to make room for new products. Jeff (26 years ago, 27-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego "Vectors"

(...) nephew? (...) Forgot about those. What is the largest one of these Freestyle sets? I already got my Nephew a 30-piece Primo set (Half Price, too ;)), and I want to give my Neices a similar volume of Lego bricks. (...) (26 years ago, 27-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 Sets

(...) I wish I could trade places with you for a day. :) Any further word on the combinability (is that a word?) of the upcoming train and the Metroliner? I don't recall you ever posting on that after you said you'd try to take another look. I, for (...) (26 years ago, 27-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego "Vectors"

(...) I just gave my nephews, ages 7 and 9, (1) one of the 5561 4x4 big foot sets I had that I didn't have a buyer for. AND I helped them put it together. Now my back and legs ache from sitting on the floor for hours yesterday. Cindy (1) It was (...) (26 years ago, 27-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 Sets

(...) The only smart thing I will do is suggest that you may be out of line here. Grahame Reid (26 years ago, 27-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 Sets

(...) I was shown the sets by LEGO management; I have no catalogue and obviously was not able to take pictures. At the time, we were discussing my involvement in an upcoming LEGO promotion. Grahame Reid (26 years ago, 27-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Purple bucket

There was a picture of it in the doorbuster circular. It LOOKED like a regular bucket, but I wanted one just in the hopes it had the new circular in it... Rob (26 years ago, 19-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Purple bucket

(...) Dunno, never saw them. I went in last night after midnight and didn't see them, but they could have been hidden, I suppose. If they have purple pieces they're sure to be a regular item, probably just a gimmick sale. (26 years ago, 27-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Purple bucket

Hi, all. I got to WM this AM at 6:45, and the purple buckets were all gone. I even offered $5.00 to one woman BEDORE she had gone through the checkout, but no dice. So, what was special about the purple bucket offered at WM today, as a "one time (...) (26 years ago, 19-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Steve Bliss wrote in message ... (...) <snipped discussion of how the celebration started....> (...) Great Steve, now you'll have Huw thinking that Americans watch soccer on Thanksgiving :-) Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- The train stops at (...) (26 years ago, 27-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

(...) Some of the early immigrants from England to the US were happy that they managed to survive for a year, whereas many of their weaker brethren had fallen over, dead. Err, I mean the Pilgrims were celebrating a successful first year in the New (...) (26 years ago, 27-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego newspaper article

(...) On a related note, I just saw a Toys backwards-R Us ad which claimed to have discounted prices on "Legos". Amusing to me considering their history of trademark claims. (Which, by the way, are ridiculous -- literally hundreds and probably (...) (26 years ago, 27-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego "Vectors"

(...) And while editing it, remove the arches and other useful pieces! (26 years ago, 26-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Can anybody Help Identify This Lego Piece Please

Take a look at 3644, 3643, 3639, 3638, 3634, 3629....and so on..It is a very common fabuland car base. It came in different colors, and ý think three diþffrent lengths (look 3662 and 3682) Selçuk (...) (26 years ago, 26-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Can anybody Help Identify This Lego Piece Please

I have a red one of these that came in a fabuland set (328 or 121). I have no idea exactly which set yours came from Cheers Tim Terry Mason wrote in message ... (...) It (...) 4 (...) axles (...) (26 years ago, 26-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Thought I would mention that Todd and Suz, have been changing the Lugnet Main page for different holidays (have you seen them?). The Halloween page was great! So set your browsers to refresh that page! Those humble suckers never announce it. LINC (...) (26 years ago, 26-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Can anybody Help Identify This Lego Piece Please

I recently acquired an old lego piece and have no idea were it came from. It appears to be a car / train chassis. It is black. The centre of the top is 4 studs wide by 12 studs long. One end has male coupling and the other a female coupling.There (...) (26 years ago, 26-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Remind me. What's this thanksgiving thing all about? We don't have it over here. obLEGO: Isn't it traditionally the weekend that first of next-years sets appear on the shelves over there? I guess that's a good enough reason for a celebration :-) Huw (26 years ago, 26-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego "Vectors"

(...) What? You waited until birth? Sheesh! :) Richard (26 years ago, 26-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG's 1997 Bottom Line

Janet Zorn wrote in message ... (...) Look at the 1996 year report on www.lego.com . A year ago it struck me that return on sales was almost zero. So now they do 'much better'. Good thing intself ofcourse. Eric (26 years ago, 26-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG's 1997 Bottom Line

(...) But a not-so small part of their Net Inc. (26 years ago, 26-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG's 1997 Bottom Line

Thomas Main wrote in message <365C7A63.91591BCA@a...te.edu>... :I just looked up TLG's report (posted 11/10/98) in Hoover's Company :Reports. For 1997: : :Sales: $1,111,700,000 :Net Inc.: $9,100,000 : :Also of note is that net inc. growth was 88.7% (...) (26 years ago, 26-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego "Vectors"

(...) I hope not. I have a great-nephew born last Saturday. Start 'em young, I say. -- Terry K -- (26 years ago, 26-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego "Vectors"

(...) I would probablyy NOT get the FREESTYLE bucket, because of the large number of very small pieces. But there ARE Freestyle sets that are for younger children, I think. They tend to not have any minifigs, and have those sort of 2x4x2high (...) (26 years ago, 18-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

(...) Amen! Or is it "Me Too"? Thank you all for your continued dedication in making LUGnet the classy place to discuss Lego! And may your turkey taste better than a Scala turkey. -Tom McD. tfn, radiotitan@spamSPAMs...Dyahoo.com (URL) (26 years ago, 26-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi all, I just wanted to wish all of you a happy and safe Thanksgiving holiday! I'm thankful for my wife, basically everything I do every day, for Todd and Suzanne's hard work in providing Lugnet and all the other stuff, and for everyone else who (...) (26 years ago, 25-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego "Vectors"

(...) My Dilemma: Neice-4 years, Neice-3 years, Nephew-5 months. Do I get my neices a freestyle bucket, or a Duplo bucket because of my nephew? Jeff P.S. My neice who is 3 will just stand there and watch me building. I think she has potential. ;) (26 years ago, 25-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  TLG's 1997 Bottom Line

I just looked up TLG's report (posted 11/10/98) in Hoover's Company Reports. For 1997: Sales: $1,111,700,000 Net Inc.: $9,100,000 Also of note is that net inc. growth was 88.7% So, I guess rtl/LUGNET are a small part of TLG's sales :( -- Thomas Main (...) (26 years ago, 25-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego "Vectors"

Question: is 80 years too old an age for an adult to receice their first gift of Lego? Tim (...) (26 years ago, 25-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  S@H beef (was Re: Hot sellers)

(...) Actually, Lego Shop at Home seems to have that problem too. If you quote them a set number that isn't in the current or past US range, they tell you that no set like that ever existed and imply that you are just making up random numbers to (...) (26 years ago, 25-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hot sellers

(...) not that I could find... I searched using their search box, and checked all of the toy categories that were remotely related (electronic, new, dolls/plush). Beef: Retailers still have a way to go in site design. So does TLG, although they're (...) (26 years ago, 25-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Lego "Vectors"

Question: is 8 weeks too young an age for a child to receive the gift of LEGO? Steve (...) (26 years ago, 25-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Lego Conventions

I was wondering if any Lego conventions are held anywhere in the US. I live in the Midwest and oppurtunities to interact with other Lego people are far and few with nothing inbetween. Please post any info you may have. Thanks James (26 years ago, 25-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hot sellers

(...) I heard Wal-Mart was selling Furby's at their web-site... Steve (26 years ago, 25-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Lego newspaper article

Shhh! Hear that trickling sound? That's the sound of a trademark being diluted. My local newspaper, the South Bend Tribune, took samples of the year's hot toys to a nearby daycare center and ran a story on the kids' reactions. Not surprisingly, the (...) (26 years ago, 25-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Lego "Vectors"

Just thought I'd quickly share some of the things I've been doing to spread Lego fandom to others: My 2-year-old nephew gets Primo for Christmas and birthday presents. One of these days, he'll stop chewing on them and build something :) Our church (...) (26 years ago, 25-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Dreams (was: Re: I think I'm getting too involved...

Tom Stangl, VFAQman wrote in message <365BAB0E.506DB242@vfaq.com>... (...) You guys remind me of my little brother and I when we were 12 and 8 and watched the Nickelodeon contest come up every year, and not choose us as winners every year. But what (...) (26 years ago, 25-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Dreams (was: Re: I think I'm getting too involved...

Nonononono! Scooping is a waste of space. Reach to the back of the shelf, grab the rear box, put your other hand on the front one, squeeze them together, then pull the whole rectangular stack over the cart, and set it neatly into place. I can (...) (26 years ago, 25-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Quote of the week

Mock Frog's quote of the post qualify as some of the funniest things I have heard in ages. Eric Brok wrote in message ... (...) (26 years ago, 24-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Dreams (was: Re: I think I'm getting too involved...

The big question remains, what to get if provided with such an opportunity! Big ticket items which take up more trolley space, or many smaller sets, of which you could get many, but not so great piece selections? Or a mixture..... Grab a mindstorms, (...) (26 years ago, 24-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Pause Update

(...) I thought the middle of the night WAS the middle of the day for you, or are you back on normal sleep cycles again? (26 years ago, 24-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Hot sellers

Check out this URL: (URL) shows Mindstorms, while not a Furby(1), is rocking along nicely. I did my bit, I have bought 4 so far, two of which went to NZ. 1 - speaking of which, I haven't found any yet. I need two. I probably will wait till after (...) (26 years ago, 24-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: collector lego???

(...) And I want to kiss the employee with the Postal Service who made a big boo-boo with the LEGENDS OF THE WEST stamp sheets about 3 years ago, where the Bill Prickett stamp was not Bill, but his cousin. They only distributed 150,000 sheets (and (...) (26 years ago, 24-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Chicago Legofest?

(...) There are a few RTLers in Michigan that might be interested. Chicago is only 238 miles away from Detroit. Gary Istok (26 years ago, 24-Nov-98, to lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact