 General / 865
Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 04:44:02 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

...<snip>...

I see it as harmful to the special thing that's growing here, and that
seems to be dying out on RTL.  RTL seems to be turning into a far less
friendly place than it used to be and a far less useful place as well.
Frankly, I think requiring real names, and acknowledgement of terms and
conditions, and so forth is a good thing. Call me elitist. I am, and
proud of it, too.

Now some might say that the good atmosphere of LUGNET will fix the bad
one of RTL. But I don't want to take the risk. I don't want the
flamewars and chaff here. LUGNET isn't mature enough to carry the load
of fixing RTL yet.

For the same reasons above, which very elegantly turned into words by Larry P.,
I wouldn't like to see it here, but of course it is IMHO, and would happily fit
for the thing that others may want.

Selçuk