 General / 815
814  |  816
Subject:
S@H beef (was Re: Hot sellers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 18:59:46 GMT

Larry Pieniazek writes:

Beef: Retailers still have a way to go in site design. So does TLG,
although they're getting a little better. Search engines should locate
ALL products, and especially, for products that are likely to be
searched for but are known not to be carried, something positive ("we
know what you mean but we don't have it") should be returned.

Just my opinion, but I work in the biz. Sites we do don't have that
problem.
Actually, Lego Shop at Home seems to have that problem too. If you quote them
a set number that isn't in the current or past US range, they tell you that no
set like that ever existed and imply that you are just making up random
numbers to quote to them. I've had this problem with service packs because
they have a lot more than they show in the S@H catalog but not all that appear
in the European service catalogs. Why Lego HQ can't just give them all the
numbers is beyond me.

Matt