 General / 834
Re: Lego newspaper article
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 1998 04:47:21 GMT

Chad Smith <csmith@nationalsteel.com> wrote:
The problem is that they were referred to as 'Legos' throughout the article,
instead of 'Lego' or 'Lego bricks' or some other non-generic term.  I wasn't

On a related note, I just saw a Toys backwards-R Us ad which claimed to have
discounted prices on "Legos".

Amusing to me considering their history of trademark claims. (Which, by the
way, are ridiculous -- literally hundreds and probably thousands of
businesses and organizations us the -r-us suffix completely independent of
TRU. But I digress....)