 General / 868
Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 05:36:41 GMT

Well, I'll risk putting in my two cents, and being thought a fool...

I have trouble accessing RTL from time to time. Most recently, I keep
getting that there are no new mesages, when I know for a fact that ther
are. I had thisa problem once befoore, and it seems to me trashing my
news preferences file solved the problem, but this time, that did not
work.

So...I suppose it would be convienient for me if RTL was available on
LUGNET, but...

I really do enjoy the high percentage of USEFUL posts onm LUGNET as
compared to RTL. There were times when RTL was so full of crap I didn't
even bother.  Now, I don't know nearly enough about the technical side
of things to understand the ramifications of putting RTL on LUGNET. For
example, if it is impossible to crosspost the two now, and putting RTL
on LUGNET would make crossposting possible, then I say DON'T do it.  All
we need is some of the crap over there showing up on the LN groups just
because it is possible to do it.

My two cents, anyway.

Rob