 General / 884
Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 17:56:45 GMT

There would also be a community in RTL for newbies to join, if all th
good people move here, then 'recruitment' would be almost zero, no-one
would become involved and so the amount of LEGO InterNet people would
decrease.

I'm interested in hearing more about this 'recruitment' -- can you give some
examples of how people have recruited others in the past.

--Todd

Todd,

I am new to the newgroup, but have been using RTL extensively for some time.
The only way I found out about this set of newgroups was a post on RTL that
mentioned them. Active recruitment in RTL would be essential to bring new
members into the fold of the Lugnet newsgroups. If it was just pure chance that
brought Lugnut to my attention, then how many others have slipped through the
cracks? Posting a "Join the Lugnut Newgroups" would be necessary every week. I
hope people will find the message there and migrate here.
I know you are worried some people will find recruitment elitest, but if
written and handled with decorum, the perceptial problems would be minimal.
Openly asking everyones opinion on this matter is a clear indication of your
willingness to include all readers who reside here or at RTL.
I do not think RTL should be moved here, but we do need to recruit from RTL.
Only reading a random post brought me here and I consider myself lucky to have
found such a complex community. I owe you and all who helped you create this
site and newsgroups a humble debt of thanks.
--
See you over the event horizon,

Scank