 General / 876
Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 14:24:42 GMT

"Carbon 60" <carbon60@bigfoot.com> writes:

[...]
Possible disadantages:

  1.  Potential for confusion about where to post new threads when posting
      on this server (particularly lugnet.general vs. rec.toys.lego).

I suppose in that case lugnet.general would have to go because there purpose
is overlapping.
[...]

Hmm, aren't rec.toys.lego and lugnet.general actually very different? --
(that's why the potential for confusion -- because they seem similar at
first but aren't really)...

lugnet.general is for "general" LEGO or community discussions that either
don't have a clear place somewhere else o spans the whole gamut and have no
clear place somewhere else.

In contrast, rec.toys.lego is a sort of cornucopia or a catch-all.  For
example, auction announcements and updates are OK in rec.toys.lego but not
in lugnet.general.

So it wouldn't work to kill off lugnet.general if rec.toys.lego were hosted
here...

--Todd