 General / 802
Re: collector lego???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 21:08:39 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

JLAHL <JLAHL@aolcom> wrote:
anyway, while playing, I found a lego (a 1x8 yellow piece) with one of the
"lego" emblems (located on the little round dots) upside down.  THen I looked
through hundreds of my other legos to find that ALL of them had ALL the lego
logos facing the same direction.

Do you think there is any chance that my odd lego with the one logo upside down
is of any value .... or just unique.

I would appreciate any comments.

My comment is I curse the name of the baseball card collector (or
whoever it was) who came up with the idea that "errors" in a
production run are somehow worth more than the items that that aren't
defective.

  And I want to kiss the employee with the Postal Service who made a big boo-boo
with the LEGENDS OF THE WEST stamp sheets about 3 years ago, where the Bill Prickett
stamp was not Bill, but his cousin.  They only distributed 150,000 sheets (and
destroyed the millions of other sheets) when they corrected the error.  The $8.70
investment is now worth over $200 (for a 1990's stamp sheet!).  I still have my 3
sheets.

Gary Istok