 General / 639
638  |  640
Subject:
Rotated Logos (was Re: collector lego???)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 00:52:18 GMT

Jeff Ahl writes:
anyway, while playing, I found a lego (a 1x8 yellow piece) with one of the
"lego" emblems (located on the little round dots) upside down.  THen I looked
through hundreds of my other legos to find that ALL of them had ALL the lego
logos facing the same direction.

Do you think there is any chance that my odd lego with the one logo upside down
is of any value .... or just unique.

Now it's going to take me twice as long to build anything because I'll be
looking for it too. *sigh* :)

On a similar note, I noticed the other day that I had a 2x4 brick with pins that
holds 2x2 wheels which had the logos rotated 90 degrees from a plain 2x4's
logos: 4 rows of 2 all facing uniformly vs. 2 rows of four. Didn't bother to check
whether it was an odd brick compared to others of its type. I figured they would
be the same. Maybe the direction you can read the logos is considered by TLG
to indicate the "forward" direction of a piece. It sort of makes sense, especially
when talking about a wheel-holding piece.

-Tom McD.
tfn, radiotitan@yahoo.com