 General / 637
Re: collector lego???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 00:46:10 GMT

Todd Lehman writes:
"JLAHL" <JLAHL@aolcom> writes:

anyway, while playing, I found a lego (a 1x8 yellow piece) with one of the
"lego" emblems (located on the little round dots) upside down.  THen I • looked
through hundreds of my other legos to find that ALL of them had ALL the lego
logos facing the same direction.

Do you think there is any chance that my odd lego with the one logo upside • down
is of any value .... or just unique.

Wow -- you mean like 7 of the logos were facing one way, and the 8th one was
facing the opposite way -- turned 180°?

I'll bet the employee who stamps the logos on was fired that day.  ;-)

Wouldn't it be funny if TLG had done a promo/contest years ago -- "Find the
upside down logo and win $100 in LEGO building sets" ?

It almost has to be on purpose (and not a misprint) because of the way the
mold is all one piece for 1x8 bricks and plates.

I -think- someone else in RTL about a year ago found something similar, but
I'm not sure.  Sounds like a something to hang on to...

--Todd

Todd,

Yes that is exactly right 7 of the logos were facing one way, and the 8th one
was is the opposite way -- turned 180°