 General / 641
Re: collector lego???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 01:17:15 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote in message ...

My comment is I curse the name of the baseball card collector (or
whoever it was) who came up with the idea that "errors" in a
production run are somehow worth more than the items that that aren't
defective.

Actually, there is a long line of philatelists who will take
credit for this mess. Stamp collectors prized "errors" long
before baseball cards were popular as money making items. Those
of us who grew up with hockey cards and carried them in huge
wads in our back pockets, threw them against the wall in games that
ended up as exchanges, and long sessions of "gotim, needim, gottim,
gottim, needim...." shake our heads in dismay at kids that
put them behind plastic and NEVER touch them....

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

The train stops at the train station,
The bus stops at the bus station,