 Castle / 13100 (+100)
  Re: New release of Castle series

You have of course seen K.K. Quah's stuff? (worth mentioning again) (URL) Great Wall of China for instance One non-military detail for example, there's a village with a fisherman (High Wheeler page) (URL) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Picture Boba Fett's helmet in a different colour - and you have an hoplite's helmet! The same would be possible with a modified normal helmet (without the chin-strap), and an upside-down normal visor, also modified to fit a cocarde. If we can (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Haha! I just found my son's Boba Fett helmet lying around about an hour ago and put it on a scale mail guy from Castle and was going to ask if anyone has sawed off the backpack yet! Actually, I chop up the bat-wing helmet to make a Corinthian (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

I think that something along the crusader line would be pretty cool, although dwarves and elves would be neat, too. Im new to this and not a member yet, just a posting personota. Although I would bite at any new castle. I am pretty short on those (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Minifig decals

Does any one know how to make decals for minifigs? I find stickers to be rather unsatisfiying and bad looking. I'm looking to convert some of my "other" theme minifigs into knights. (fire fighter to dragon fighter!) WB (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Minifig decals

(...) Purdue Answer Service to the rescue! (URL) consider looking in lugnet.build.minifigs. . . -- TWS Garrison (URL) captial letters in address for direct reply. (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

(...) scheme works, and even the Belville tower top adds some flavor to it. As mentioned in other comments though ... how does one get in? It would be *really* cool if the only way to enter would be through a secret passage way inside the cave (hmmm (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Minifig decals

In lugnet.castle, William Braun writes: I'm looking to convert some of my "other" theme (...) Hey! cool idea. Try converting the aqua-sharks into the shark knights or somthing.I've been trying for awhile to find somthing that looks cool for them but (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Pedro, I agree totally. Really lots to explore from the history for the Castle Theme! Jackie (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

That's cool. Thanks for letting us know, Erik. Jackie (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) I had seen the GWoC in brickshelf, IIRC. One good thing about KK's design is the use of the modular walls, which would represent a good path for an eventual chinese theme by LEGO, allowing any such collection to grow without physical limits. (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) You may have been the first to do so! (...) Another possible source: the original Aquazone helmets - the ones from Aquasharks. (...) I dunno about the third one, but it is possible. As a matter a fact, if you start counting all popes so far, (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

Hi Bruce, "Bruce Hietbrink" <bnh@chem.ucla.edu> wrote in message news:GvJrv1.Hnr@lugnet.com... (...) Thank you. (...) That can be arranged. :o) A close-up picture you can find here: (URL) to me this picture doesn't reveal a lot, so here is a picture (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

Hi Aaron, "Aaron Sneary" <asneary@shakespearedc.org> wrote in message news:GvJu5G.Dr@lugnet.com... (...) These kind words are well received and I thank you for that. Being human and all that, I'm happy when fellow AFOLs like a creation of mine. (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

Hi Pawel, Thanks for your kind words! "Pawel Nazarewicz" <verneer@utk.edu> wrote in message news:GvLF59.Msp@lugnet.com... (...) This is surely a cool idea. The castle is mounted on two green 12x24 bricks and I could try using tiles to make the (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

(...) That is totally sweet! it looks good, and would make a great addition to my village, if I could just figure out exactly what that bottom piece is.. I have an idea, though I'm not sure I have any of those :( A hub to some tire correct? or one (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

Hi I really like this castle, especially the little window that hangs out from the edge in picture 01. How was that accoplished? It looks like you used some type of a hinge. (a smaller version of the type so populus in Hagrids hut?) It looks like (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Minifig decals

(...) I'm not sure what you mean by decals if you don't mean stickers. I made the sticker printer though so people could change their armies to what they wanted. It is also removeable where paint is not. Since I'm now on vacation I will be working (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

Nice! Great to see a new approach to the use of colours, and working so well too! The pink, grey and white all mesh together to look realistic but simultaneously fairy tale like. Structurally it is a very compact little castle but it looks very (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Three new Castle MOCS

William, Great work! (...) unless it is complimented by a lot fo greayt, but you seem to have pulled it off fine, which is good news for anyone who wants to build castles in black but has run out of grey brick! The buildings with the rounded sides (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

Fantastic! Very good, Twan. But I wanna ask, from which sets/theme you got the components of the upper part of the tower? Are those from the Harry Porter theme? It's beautiful. Thanks for showing us. Jackie (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

(...) That's from the 2002 belville line-up. (URL) this: (URL) the "Winter Ice Palace Collection") Benjamin Medinets (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Answering the call, part III

(...) There were some people who thought the red and black dragons I entered into the MOTM contest were one in the same with color changes. (...) Thanks! I made a nifty image, you can find it here, you might like it. I reposed her a bit, she looks a (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Answering the call, part III

(...) Has to be the LOM sets, there weren't any light blue plates in the McD's sets, only odd colors were magenta (dark pink) plates and purplish slopes. It's too bad Lego doesn't bring out more sets like those in the polybag. They were great for (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

Hi William, "William Braun" <beglad1@cloudnet.com> wrote in message news:GvM5tr.66q@lugnet.com... (...) out from (...) Thank you very much. (...) Hagrids hut?) It is indeed. The plate version of the hinge in Hagrids hut you could say. The are used a (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

Hi Magnus, "Magnus Lauglo" <thunder_road@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Gvn2Hs.GoH@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks a lot! (...) like to (...) I agree with you. I'm convinced by now that there should be something of an entrance and I'll keep the model (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

Hi Jackie, "Jackie" <ecjackie@i-cable.com> wrote in message news:Gvn5Ew.MnB@lugnet.com... (...) You too thank you very much. (...) No, it's from Belville. The roof is like two Millimy's magical cottage's (5824) with the back placed against each (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

Hi Tamy, "Mookie" <Mookie1@telocity.com> wrote in message news:3CD4593C.8B4875...ity.com... (...) Thank you very much. (...) Yes, the bottom piece is used in plane engines, in Adventurers planes for example. This one: (URL) call it "Wheel Model (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Jedi Duel great for castle

Hi all, I picked up the Star Wars set "Jedi Duel" (the one with Yoda) this weekend. (URL) a great little set in it's own right, but it is also great for castle. Both Yoda and Count Dooku have great torsos that fit in a castle theme. Dooku has a new (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

(...) Hey Twan, I really like the idea you had mentioned of having the entrance in a second tower with a bridge across. This seems like it would be great defensively because you could raise or lower the bridge as needed. Bruce (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Introducing Garalt!

Strike while the iron's hot they say Well, I went and done it. I made a second Flash movie for my website, this one focuses on Garalt. Feel free to check it out. Oh, and I've also edited the first flash movie a bit, if you only watched it the one (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Jedi Duel great for castle

<frowns a look of frustration> (...) (see link below for clarification) (URL)I had seen these before in a spoiler photo held by the sandmen, (...) This conversation was had in the above-mentioned link… It appears as though the “Eye-Bitin’ Monkey” (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Gollum

(...) I just noticed that on Brickshelf. Very cute. I'm going to use a LOM guy when it comes to Gollum. Kind of cartoon-y, but I thought it succeeded at getting him a scrawny body and big head, which is my picture of gollum. Bruce (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Jedi Duel great for castle

(...) <>SNIP<>SNIP<> I have to agree, what with the lack of good castle sets around, but I also need to add a few points. One is that it comes with a gray "Lightsaber blade" piece, always nice for the handles and shafts of weapons. Also, it comes (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Side Gate: A 6061 Variation

Hi castleheads, I made instructions of one of my favorite box models from castle sets. This is the "side gate" (as I like to call it) made from the set 6061 Seige Tower. Here is the link: (URL) really like this model - it is good enough to be its (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

Hi all, Just a thought on this stuff about introducing specific historical lego, I think most of us would like a return to the European-style castles that dominated the 80s and early 90s but keep in mind that these castles were still generic (not (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Side Gate: A 6061 Variation

Hi, Realistically speaking it would have been unlikely to have a wooden tower along a stone wall. In converting a wooden castle to stone, I think a gatehouse would be the first part to be rebuilt in stone. But you have a very playable alternative (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A few questions...

(...) Oh Please answer this question someone... I am about to tackle this problem and I would love to see an idea - there is so little pink out there. We are decorating my daughter's room in princess theme - and I would love to make a white/pink (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

I love this set! I am about to attempt a white/pink castle for my daughters new 'princess' themed room. I may just have to blatantly copy your bell tower. Can you tell me where you got the slopes that are under the red windows - they look like they (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing Garalt!

(...) one- it seems like perhaps you used smaller images so that there wasn't quite as much work to do the fading/panning effects. It's not like the older one was really bad or anything, but it did have noticeable slowdowns. In case you care, I'm (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing Garalt!

(...) <snipage> (...) I was fortunate enough to view both movies on the network at school. I didn't have to worry too much about lag-time or too much else, except no sound... :( The one thing I have to say is that there were no pics of "New" Garalt. (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

(...) I'm 99% sure those are sand red slopes, available in bulk packs (at least in the US) from Lego Shop@Home. Bruce (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Gollum

(...) have to get that set after all. -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  LEGO Studios Monsters sets now available!

The four Studios Monster theme sets are now ready to ship. They can be found at LEGO.com for ordering online or order by phone 1-800-835-4386 (in the USA). The four sets are: 1380 Werewolf Ambush $9.99. 1381 Vampire's Crypt $19.99. 1382 Scary (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Gollum

(...) Wait, i don't get it? This is set 7133: (URL) outta the 3 figs i don't see that particular head? (I've previously seen Zam's head... so it can't be hers?) Please explain? Cause i love Jon's Gollum an t'would like to make one... -R (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Gollum

(...) Zam Wessel's head is reversable, like in recent Studios sets. Jeff (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Gollum

(...) Thank you so much! -R (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  LDRAW for May: Cool Castle!

I haven't heard anything about this, but Castle is making a great example on Ldraw this month! Go vote for Anthony's Tempi Frei for best model. Go vote for Miklos Hosszu's super awesome "Unforeseen Consequences" for best scene. (URL) you gotta check (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing Garalt!

(...) Thanks much, glad you liked it! Yeah, I used much smaller pictures, though admittedly not on purpose. I did however shrink the size of the overall movie with processor and download speeds in mind. Fortunately for everyone else though, this (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing Garalt!

(...) I hope someday you get the chance to listen to the music, it's really an awesome pair of songs. Perhaps you could save the flash files to disk and take them to a computer that could view them with sound. (...) Well, since it was meant to be an (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

(...) Really nice. Interesting use of colors. Looks very good for a 'fairy-tale' type setting. Oh, and the bell (considering its Lego) is nice, too! BTW- I also like your little 'you got mail' animations, along with your shaw's museum. John Kruer (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Payback time

I'd like to thank all of the people that helped me put together the Castle FAQ. As promised, each submission is worth one Castle-like minifig. Here are some of your choices: (URL) course, you'll get an entire fig, and you can request any combination (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing Garalt!

(...) Not in my books. That was cool. You should illistrated your prolouge in a flash movie. Split it into three or four bits and you've got it! (...) Jeremy Scott (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Payback time

In lugnet.castle, Cary Clark writes: <snip> WOW! I love how graphical it is. Very nice work. (...) It would be neat if you could somehow arrange to take a picture of all the figs (and their new larger sized friends) that you gave out at (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Payback time

(...) Darn! I didn't know that existed. Oh well... John Kruer (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing Garalt!

Great work as always, Anthony! I haven't yet gotten around to reading your story properly yet, but this certainly makes me want to. I don't know if it was on purpose or not, but the images appear for so short periods it can be hard to make them out. (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Payback time

(...) ... (...) Which? That there was a FAQ? That there was a Castle FAQ in the works? That you could contribute to it and get minifigs? Here's one of the original posts about that: (URL) the way, this statement isn't right: (...) The responders who (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Payback time

We really should be the ones sendin’ you our minifigs! For you did such a spectacular job!!! Many thanks on behalf of the entire 'Castle-Community' for all your work. The complete FAQ list is really inclusive and provides a wealth of information. (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Payback time

(...) compact space - I learned quite a few new things looking at it again :) -- Pawel (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Payback time

(...) great piece of work, and thanks for your continuing effort with LUGNET's FAQ! Your dedication surpasses 99.99999% of the people. :-) Take care, -Shiri P.S. Hmm, I guess I qualify for a minifig! Cool! (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

Jeff Stembel, a Member of WAMALUG, has agreed to be the events coordinator for the Castle Room BrickFest 2002. If you would like to present please register and fill out a presenters application. If you have ideas on events you might want to see, (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Payback time

(...) Cary.... This info is great... mind if I ad this to my links section of my website? I tried to email you, but I keep getting my emails back?? Anyway, if you want, there are some castle reference info and websites in my Links section of my (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ogre

Wow, for me this has become a thread that will not die. Here I present you with yet another variant MOC using the great battle droid elements as arms and legs idea, but this time centering on my obsession with insects. I give you the BattleBug: (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

Hi all, (...) I know we discussed this breifly before, and I think it sounds like a great idea if there is enough interest. Do we want to do a big castle, a walled town, (under siege perhaps) a castle with a village, or what? I think what we end up (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) I think making a village would be most fun, and if we get a lot of people, it could become a town. Maybe 16x16 modules? It would be the most flexible. Jeff Castle Room Coordinator (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

To get some more discussion going, I'd like to hear some feedback on "Large Scale Castle Building," a workshop I'd like to present. I would relate some of what I've learned while working on my own castle, including tips on building hills and raised (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) (URL) should know, I've had that message sitting at the top of my .castle listings for the past four months. . .:-) (...) I think a walled town would be nice---something along the lines of the town in MacAulay's _Castle_. The defensive aspects (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

To anyone that might know, Why are sets like BFF and Kings Castle grouped with the Yellow Castle, Knights Procession, and Tournament, and called "Classic"? While I agree that they are all great sets, IMO only the latter three qualify as "Classic" (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

(...) I suspect they're classified that way because they aren't released under a specific subtheme, like some of the later sets, they are just under the general "Legoland Castle" group. I agree that some of them would thematically fit under (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

"TWS Garrison" <tgarrisBASSo@ISmath...urdue.edu> wrote in message news:Pine.GSO.4.44.0...due.edu... (...) I could most likely provide the entire wall, assuming you guys don't mind it being Blue. ;) I could possibly even bring a gate this year! Troy (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

(...) I looked under the Lugnet database for Black Falcons, but I only came up to one result, that being the black falcon's fortress. Can anyone tell me what's up with this? Don't sets like King's Castle and Catapult also fit under this theme, if (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

(...) Lugnet categorizes based on the official subthemes. Since the Yellow Castle, King's Castle, Knight's Castle, and other early sets have no official subtheme, they fall under "classic." (...) See above. (...) Again, when the database was (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

(...) If you look deeper into it you actually find a LUGNET category named Black Falcons including just one set, the 6018 Battle Dragon released in 1990. I looked through the BrickShelf scan library from 1990 and this 6018 was the only model with a (...) (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Payback time

(...) offer to provide mini-figs, and I hadn't intended some of my posts to be used for such. But I love it nonetheless! Thanks for all your efforts and all the input from others! -Hendo (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

In lugnet.castle, Erik Gustafson writes: [snip] (...) Confusing?! Of course, I don't think the Lugnet Admin intentionally organized the earlier sets into the themes to confuse members, but I think there was a lack of logic in doing this. I mean, who (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

(...) You raise a very interesting point. Some things I see looking at 1989, 1990, and 1991 catalogs: - Based on my 1991 US catalog, "Crusaders" should simply be "Castle" - Based on the 1989 EU catalog on Brickshelf, 6066 should be "Legoland Castle" (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) I think a walled town could be cool. If we were aiming for jeff's suggested 16 baseplates, I think we'd need at least 8 people or so, depending on how much stuff people were prepared to build and take with them. If there isn't enough interest, (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  A Question

Are pictures like these worth posting at all? (URL) Kruer (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes: |>To get some more discussion going, I'd like to hear some feedback on |>"Large Scale Castle Building," a workshop I'd like to present. I would relate |>some of what I've learned while working on my own castle, (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Question

(...) Well, they are a bit foggy at that, but I think they are worth posting is someone can actually make out what they are attempting to portray. Were these made using a webcam, of a different medium of media? Anyway, my pictures taken using a (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Question

(...) I just got better quality ones- I'm going to post them soon. (...) Lego cam, which is actually a longitech quickcam in a Lego shell (or so so I read) (...) Man, that is bad digicam! (...) I did slightly- as I said erlier, I'm going to post (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  New MOC: Blacksmith shop

Here's a rival chain! :-) Really bad pictures... but oh well. (URL) is were my character lives, and includes a hammer that turns when you spin the waterwheel. PLMKWYT! John Kruer (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

(...) You raise a very interesting point. Some things I see looking at 1989, 1990, and 1991 catalogs: - Based on my 1991 US catalog, "Crusaders" should simply be "Castle" - Based on the 1989 EU catalog on Brickshelf, 6066 should be "Legoland Castle" (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.database)

  More Ideas (Was:BrickFest 2002 Castle Room)

Let's see if we can get some discussion going on the Tournaments Model Judging, and a panel idea for Brickfest. :) -Tournament- Personally, I thought last year's tournament was a bit too simplistic. I was thinking we could use the Brik Wars rules to (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) Oh, yes, that sounds like it could be a lot of fun! Anyone else interested in participating? Jeff Brickfest 2002 Castle Room Coordinator (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) I agree, a walled town would be great! The problem is the walls would take a *lot* of pieces to make, unless we were to use wall pieces. (...) I'd vote for 6 bricks high so people can make more walls. :) (...) <hypnosis> You WILL be coming to (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) Actually, I meant each module would be a 16x16 baseplate. :) Small enough for an average building, fairly easy to transport, and shouldn't require too many parts. People could easily build on multiple modules to get a larger building. (...) I (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

I don't think the Black Falcons and crusaders really fit in "classic" castle, despite how they may have been classified by lego. But there may be complications when it comes to classifying sets which have two factions represented quite equally, such (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

(...) It's clear that Lego no longer organizes Castle system sets the way it used to. Since the early 90's, rather than having various castle sets under the broad category of 'Legoland Castle,' Lego began to emphasize the different types of factions (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Ogre

(...) -- Tony Hafner (who has recently lost too many Lego Purity Points) www.hafhead.com (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

I do not believe that Lego ever had an organized database of sets. Otherwise, why would we ever see multiple different sets released with the same number? While it does seem that Lego has some sort of organization in effect for more recent sets, (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

(...) I think Lugnet has two goals: 1. provide as much information as possible on LEGO itself 2. be a center of information for fans The first goal requires that the data base accurately reflect any categorizations which LEGO has made. The second (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

(...) Hmm..that makes a lot of sense there. When browsing the database for the 1462 treasure cart, I came up to about three results, each ofthem being a sameset, savefor thenumber...isn't there a more feasible way to organize these, because this (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: New MOC: Blacksmith shop

Hello Mr.Kruer This is really a cute little house/shop! I like how you broke up the "square-ness" of the building; the "L" shaped building, with open air work area and closed living area. Simple yet classic. Excellent work! Can't wait for more! (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Elements of a brick oriented RPG

I've been thinking about combining my hobbies of The Brick and Role Playing. The question is what is the best way to go about it. Some questions I've been asking myself: 1. Do I go with an existing RPG and just use LEGO bricks to build sets? 2. Do I (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.western)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

(...) Correct (AFAIK). btw, I have a number of their "product structure" diagrams from different years. It'd probably be useful if those were all displayed on a single page somewhere. I've seen a set change its catagorization from one year to the (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.database)

  Lego Studios Monster Sets

I just got my new `Studios Monster sets in yesterday. (1382, 1381, 1380, 1383) While they don't have alot of substance/structure, they have some great parts that inspired me to haul out all my castle parts and play about six hours. I'm attempting to (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

(...) How about two categories: "sets I have" and "sets I want". :) Bruce (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

(...) Sign up for a membership, and you can do that. <grin> James (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: New MOC: Blacksmith shop

(...) Thanks! So somebody could use my picures! :-) John Kruer (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact