 Castle / 13119
Re: Three new Castle MOCS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2002 13:10:49 GMT

William,

Great work!

The new Lions Keep link is:

I like the use of colour here, usually I am wary of using too much black
unless it is complimented by a lot fo greayt, but you seem to have pulled it
off fine, which is good news for anyone who wants to build castles in black
but has run out of grey brick!

The buildings with the rounded sides look better than I would have expected
if someone had just "explained" them to me. Nice to see mor euses for those
rounded walls/droid escape pod wall pieces in castel sets. I have found them
hard to build towers with because they don't have anywhere to put windows in
them. I also appreciate the realism of having the keep on a ill of sorts,
with the entrance in a position hard to batter down with a ram.

The Red Stone in link is:

Nice structural design, but have you tried to get a more half timered look?
the horisontal lines of red and black could be really improved if you addes
some vertical black lines as vertical timber beams. I love how it splits up
to show the inside, but the second floor interior is clearly not finished yet.

The Manor house link is:

Clearly very inspired by the most excellent Blacksmith's shop, this is great
colour wise, and I think you've captured the half timbered look much better
here. I was never to keen on the way the hearth and chimney split  because
when it is opened, you can't see the fireplace in all it's spendour, but
this is  small quibble.

Great stuff, keep building!

Magnus