 Castle / 13120
Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2002 13:56:56 GMT

Fantastic! Very good, Twan. But I wanna ask, from which sets/theme you got
the components of the upper part of the tower? Are those from the Harry
Porter theme?

It's beautiful. Thanks for showing us.

Jackie

In lugnet.castle, Twan Theeuwen writes:
Hello all,

My latest creation is photographed and a collection of pictures
is up on brickshelf at:

The "Phoenix' nest" was named such because it features a
copper statue of a rising phoenix mounted on the bell tower.
I tried to make this a fantasy/fairy-tale style castle, rather
than taking an existing architectural style as an example.
Making a realistic, bell-shaped bell from lego pieces turned
out problematic. I don't think I succeeded well, but I guess
with some imagination one can see a bell in here :o)
The castle stands on a rock made mainly of BURPs and the
whole is 32x32 studs and 58 bricks high.

Twan.
--
Twanneman@planet.nl