 Castle / 13150
Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 01:07:21 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Twan Theeuwen writes:
Hello all,

My latest creation is photographed and a collection of pictures
is up on brickshelf at:

The "Phoenix' nest" was named such because it features a
copper statue of a rising phoenix mounted on the bell tower.
I tried to make this a fantasy/fairy-tale style castle, rather
than taking an existing architectural style as an example.
Making a realistic, bell-shaped bell from lego pieces turned
out problematic. I don't think I succeeded well, but I guess
with some imagination one can see a bell in here :o)
The castle stands on a rock made mainly of BURPs and the
whole is 32x32 studs and 58 bricks high.

Twan.
--
Twanneman@planet.nl

Really nice.  Interesting use of colors.  Looks very good for a 'fairy-tale'
type setting.  Oh, and the bell (considering its Lego) is nice, too!

BTW- I also like your little 'you got mail' animations, along with your
shaw's museum.

John Kruer