 Castle / 13115
Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2002 21:57:16 GMT

Twan wrote:

Hi Bruce,

"Bruce Hietbrink" <bnh@chem.ucla.edu> wrote in message
news:GvJrv1.Hnr@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.castle, Twan Theeuwen writes:

Very nice.

Thank you.

I think the bell succeeds, but I'd like some close-ups to see
how you did it.

That can be arranged. :o) A close-up picture you can find here:
Seems to me this picture doesn't reveal a lot, so here is
a picture of the dismounted bell:
The hub below is mounted to the cone with a 3 long technic
axle with stud through the hub.
The bell doesn't have a rounded top because that would
make the bell too high compared to it's wide (3 studs).
Instead I mounted the bell such that the top isn't visible.

That is totally sweet! it looks good, and would make a great addition to
my village, if I could just figure out exactly what that bottom piece
is.. I have an idea, though I'm not sure I have any of those :(   A hub
to some tire correct? or one of those 'jet' engine things? I think those
are way bigger than a 2x2 cone though.

When you get around to trying other types of building and get the hang
of those, I think you're going to give a lot of us a run for our
creativity!  Keep up the great work! I can't wait to see your next
creation! (gets a little jealous!)

Tamy

Twan.
--