 Castle / 13114
Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2002 21:01:35 GMT

Hi Pawel,

Thanks for your kind words!

"Pawel Nazarewicz" <verneer@utk.edu> wrote in message
news:GvLF59.Msp@lugnet.com...
[snip]
It would be *really* cool if the only way to enter would be through
a secret passage way inside the cave (hmmm ... idea) - making the
castle a huge enigma.

This is surely a cool idea. The castle is mounted on two green 12x24
bricks and I could try using tiles to make the castle removable. The
rock is hollow so apart from a passage there's plenty of room to
build also build a cellar, storage rooms and/or quarters for a few
soldiers.
Another idea is to build another rock with stairs going up and connect
it to the castle with a hangbridge over a river.

I'll think about it and show it if I come up with something.

Generally when starting a new MOC I try to add some things I
never did before, but there are always more things I should leave
for another time. I find that if I start too ambitious on a model that
the result is not very satisfying. Too many things to take into
account at the same time and it eventually becomes a mess. By
limiting my goals I can concentrate on them better, and once I've
figured out how to do something specific it is not all that hard
anymore when I want to use that on another model, and I can
concentrate on other challenges.
Building in a modular fashion so that the structure can be taken
apart and everything inside, including stairs en such, are visible
is something I haven't really tackled yet.

I agree that this model doesn't have an obvious entrance, sorry
for that. Do I cheer you up some if I reveal that a MOC I'm
currently working on has not only one or two, but a total of
ten entrances? :o)

Also, maybe there is a platform that is lowered (I saw the chains
in the first picture) that brings people up.

The minifigs are supposed to pose as craftsmen using the chains to
pull the bird up. The shot was taking during building.

Cheers,

Twan.
--
Twanneman@planet.nl