 Castle / 13113
Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2002 19:57:22 GMT

Hi Aaron,

"Aaron Sneary" <asneary@shakespearedc.org> wrote in message
news:GvJu5G.Dr@lugnet.com...
Let me be the first to congratulate you on your very unique
'castle' structure. I am continuously amazed by people's ability
to use wacky colors in subtle ways. The structure itself and
architectural 'style' is both unique and pleasing. I recognize
some of your resources, and the blending of styles is great.

These kind words are well received and I thank you for that.
Being human and all that, I'm happy when fellow AFOLs like
a creation of mine.

I'm blown away that the pink roof doesn't seem out of place.

The pink doesn't really mix that well with the red of the windows,
but it's not a complete no-go either. I did build a black roof for
this tower too so that I could compare this with the Belleville type.
The black roof was just that: a black roof, not out of tune with the
rest of the MOC in any way, but also nothing special. I decided
that the pink roof did add to the whole model and that having a
little stress between pink and red was a good trade-off for that.

I'd love to see some close-ups of the bell and tower roof.

Close-ups of the bell are up now. I'll be happy to provide
close-ups of the roofs later. (Either the weather should
co-operate or I should get a grip on in-house lighting, which
is being worked on.)

Seems like you managed a large bell shape fairly well. Have
you thought of doing it in sand green (aged copper/bronze)?

Yes, but I don't have suitable pieces in sand green. Dark grey
would also be a better color.

Probably only possible if you have the Statue of Liberty set.

Still doubting if I want that set. I'm excited by the sand green
color for it's similarity with aged copper and mixing well with a
lot of other colors. OTOH the Statue of Liberty would severely
drain my lego budget.

Twan.
--
Twanneman@planet.nl