 Castle / 13176
Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 12 May 2002 12:29:11 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Thomas Garrison writes:
I think a walled town would be nice---something along the lines of the
town in MacAulay's _Castle_.  The defensive aspects would be less
demanding than a real castle and the stuff inside would provide plenty of
scope for civvies.

I think a walled town could be cool. If we were aiming for jeff's suggested
16 baseplates, I think we'd need at least 8 people or so, depending on how
much stuff people were prepared to build and take with them. If there isn't
enough interest, maybe we could just do a village, and drop the wall. If
there is a lot of interest, the walled town could perhaps include a castle
as well.

At this point, there doesn't seem to be much interest, which is too bad. Are
people just not interested in doing a big modular MOC, or are you guys not
yet sure if you will be able to attend? C'mon guys, let' hear from more of
you castleheads who are coming to Brickfest!

I know there's an existing standard for wall segments, although I can't
find it. . .and it might be too substantial.

Something like 6-10 bricks to the wallwalk level, plus 2 more
for the parapet plue 2 for the crenels would work. . .say six studs wide
at the top, including parapet. . .and towers with another level another
6-10 bricks high.  Simple, doable.

I like that dimension myself, it allows people to to use wall sections, if
they want to. But if people are worried about not being able to bring that
much with them, we could just do a standard classic castle dimension wall. I
know it is kind of puny by the standards of many of our MOCs, but it is just
about high enough not to look really bad.

what do you guys think?

Magnus