 Castle / 13166
Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 10 May 2002 14:59:01 GMT

On Fri, 10 May 2002, Magnus Lauglo wrote:

Hi all,

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Christina Hitchcock writes:
In addition, there was talk a few months ago about a Castle World modular
layout.  If interest for this is still high, it needs to be discussed as
well.

I know we discussed this breifly before, and I think it sounds like a great
idea if there is enough interest.

http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=11692

I should know, I've had that message sitting at the top of my .castle
listings for the past four months. . .:-)

Do we want to do a big castle, a walled town, (under siege perhaps) a castle
with a village, or what?

I think what we end up doing should depend on how many people are interested
in doing this. If only a handful of people want to do something, a castle
alone could work, if dozens of people are interested, perhaps a walled town?

I think a walled town would be nice---something along the lines of the
town in MacAulay's _Castle_.  The defensive aspects would be less
demanding than a real castle and the stuff inside would provide plenty of
scope for civvies.

I know there's an existing standard for wall segments, although I can't
find it. . .and it might be too substantial.

Something like 6-10 bricks to the wallwalk level, plus 2 more
for the parapet plue 2 for the crenels would work. . .say six studs wide
at the top, including parapet. . .and towers with another level another
6-10 bricks high.  Simple, doable.

It could be fun---but someone would need to organize it (make sure there's
enough wall to enclose the town, make sure there's at least one gate but
not too many. . .)

--
TWS Garrison
(Who doen't know yet if he can make it to Brickfest. . .)