 Castle / 13263
Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 23 May 2002 15:56:27 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jason Cicchini writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
Actually, I meant each module would be a 16x16 baseplate.  :)  Small enough
for an average building, fairly easy to transport, and shouldn't require too
many parts.  People could easily build on multiple modules to get a larger
building.

I'd be very interested in participating in the walled town/ village thing.
It sounds like a great way to perhaps set down a central hub in Castle
World, a sort of penultimate crossroads town.

Great!  I'd love it if everyone coming could bring at least one 16x16 baseplate
module.  I was thinking of using 8x16 baseplates as roads to separate groups of
modules.  Any thoughts?  I have an idea for cobblestone roads, and I think it'd
be a lot of fun to do on a large scale.  :)  Also, I was thinking that everyone
could build by default one brick height off the baseplate to allow for
connectors and simple quick landscaping.  Additional landscaping could be added
as desired.

It seems as if the members of Castle World hoped the Isle of Mist would be
that, but since there hasn't been much talk of the IOM in many months, perhaps
this would be a good way to return to the "community" feel all of us seem to
yearn for.

Yes, I agree.

Plus, I know most of you guys hardly know me (as a real person, at least),
and I would like to get to know you guys as well.
The community of this newsgroup goes beyond Castle World, though. Many of us
feel strong connections with the other people we converse with on here, and
I think that should be evident from the display we have at Brickfest.
I'd be willing to help with this idea in any way possible. This could be a
very very cool thing.

You've just hit upon the key reason for Brickfest:  Lego fans from all over the
world (hopefully!) can gather in one place and meet each other.  :)  Having
everyone participate in a modular layout will really help to firm the community
feeling of .castle.  :)

Jeff