 Castle / 13264
Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 23 May 2002 16:10:39 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Troy Cefaratti writes:
Black doesn't show up very well. . .could you do a rainbow warrior version
that more clearly shows the height, location of connectors, and
battlement?

I've added new pictures of a lovely stripped version of the wall section.  I
also increased the heights of the battlement by one brick.

I think these pictures more clearly show the connections used.  4 technic
1x4 bricks are used, with friction pins.  This arrangement allows for the
ability to offset the wall sections a little bit to conform to landscaping
and structures.

Suggestions for improvements are always welcome.

Troy

Thanks for taking this task upon yourself, Troy.  :)  As for suggestions, I'm
partial to flat front surfaces on town walls, like those found at Conwy Castle.
If you want to get very detailed, you could put 1x2 technic bricks at even
intervals for hourding post-holes.  I like the three brick tall crenelations as
well, but if possible, though, you might try stacked pairs of 1x3s (spaced two
apart, perhaps?) to get a more realistic look, or you could put some arrow
loops in them.  But even you might not have enough 1x3s for that.  :(  Also,
I'm kind of partial to 7 or 8 brick tall walls, so the tower rooms don't have
soaring ceilings.  ;)  Also, you might want to be ready to make some custom
wall sections in case people build up landscaping in nearby buildings.  :)

Jeff
Brickfest 2002
Castle Room Coordinator