 Castle / 13165
  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

To get some more discussion going, I'd like to hear some feedback on "Large Scale Castle Building," a workshop I'd like to present. I would relate some of what I've learned while working on my own castle, including tips on building hills and raised (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes: |>To get some more discussion going, I'd like to hear some feedback on |>"Large Scale Castle Building," a workshop I'd like to present. I would relate |>some of what I've learned while working on my own castle, (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) Oh, yes, that sounds like it could be a lot of fun! Anyone else interested in participating? Jeff Brickfest 2002 Castle Room Coordinator (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) Well, I'm gonna do my best to attend brickfest, and I'll do my best to create a 16x16 town bit. I'm also going to try to bring a dragon or two, along with my griffon and if I get it done, another project I'm working on at the moment. I'd love (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

"Anthony Sava" <savatheaggie@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GwIrqq.D15@lugnet.com... (...) involved in (...) And (...) much (...) And here is my first attempt at wall sections: (URL) is actually NOT blue! ;) It's 4 studs thick with a 6 stud base (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) Black doesn't show up very well. . .could you do a rainbow warrior version that more clearly shows the height, location of connectors, and battlement? And am I correct in seeing that you're aiming for a 2-high battlement? That leaves minifigs (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) I know. I took the pictures in a hurry as well and that didn't help much either. I'll try to make one in a different color and get the pictures posted. (...) How high should they be? I'm admittedly new at this, so suggestions are welcome. (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) (URL) added new pictures of a lovely stripped version of the wall section. I also increased the heights of the battlement by one brick. I think these pictures more clearly show the connections used. 4 technic 1x4 bricks are used, with friction (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) Ooh, holy war alert! I would say that the parapet should shield a standing minifig. Thus, from wall walk to the top the crenal should be four or five bricks, with embrassures at about two bricks. Crenels should be three or four studs wide[1]. (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) Thanks for taking this task upon yourself, Troy. :) As for suggestions, I'm partial to flat front surfaces on town walls, like those found at Conwy Castle. If you want to get very detailed, you could put 1x2 technic bricks at even intervals (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

Thanks for the "nod." I think though that my walls are much too short, and a new standard should be devised. I'm hoping that work in this area will occur soon, and that this new standard will be propagated to other for maximum participation. Rich -- (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

I'm going to do some more work on the wall tonight. I'll probably make the wall itself shorter while making the battlements taller so as to provide more protection. I'll also try 4 stud crenials with 2 stud spacing to see how it looks. (i'm trying (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

Nice to see this thread coming back! I suggest a wall of around 13 brick height, including battlements. For example, a 3 brick high slope at the base on tope of which you can either have a 6 high wall section, or just build up with bricks. Top that (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) The problem with using slopes at the base is that it requires a lot of them, and they aren't very common pieces. (...) Some were, but not all. :) I'd prefer to have a fairly uniform wall for our town, and Troy has been kind enough to volunteer (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) Hi, I won a large lot of 2x2 round gray plates on e-bay the other day and it made a good cobble-stone road to use a bunch of these interspersed with gray, dark gray, and black 1x1 plates and round plates. I've got a picture of a 5-wide path (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

Mookie has done something similar using 2x2 round tiles and 1x1, 1x2 and 2x2 regular tiles. It looked really cool, but can get to be expensive to get the parts. The path with the round plates looks cool as well, and seems like it would be much more (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) Yeah. I've only got a few (like 4) 2x2 round tiles. (...) Another advantage is, of course, that you can pose figs on top of the plates in stances that would tip over if on top of tiles. Bruce (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.castle)