 Castle / 13174
Re: Themes (was: Payback time)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 12 May 2002 02:48:10 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Erik Gustafson writes:

[snip]

If you look deeper into it you actually find a LUGNET category named Black
Falcons including just one set, the 6018 Battle Dragon released in 1990. I
looked through the BrickShelf scan library from 1990 and this 6018 was the
only model with a BF(except a minifig pack and 6059 Knights Stronghold). I
think the listing is confusing, I don't think Lego releases 6018 as a
subtheme. So the listing in LUGNET must be wrong, lets remake it and split
crusaders, classic castle and BF apart.

Erik Gustafson

Confusing?! Of course, I don't think the Lugnet Admin
intentionally organized the earlier sets into the themes to
confuse members, but I think there was a lack of logic in
doing this.

I mean, who honestly can't see why crusader sets would
be placed in the classic category, if they *are* crusader
sets. The same goes with Black Falcons, and any other theme
that was possibly organized in this fashion.

Just looking on the front of the box to determine
a sets lining on a category isn't accurate enough. A
deeper precaution should be taken in order to avoid
confusion. Think Classic Space as an example of this,
everything seems to be organized nicely, and no, futuron
sets aren't stuck in the CS lining, instead being in
their own category, which takes confusion away from
it all, don't you agree? I don't know about you,
Jeff, but when I look to Classic Castle, Yellow Castle,
Knight's Procession and the Knight's Joust Tournament
come into mind, as well as those additional figure packages
and such, not BF, Cursaders, etc...IMO

Anyway, if or if not Lugnet decides to do this doesn't
really matter to me, since this is respectively my opinon.

Just my two brickz...

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Lugnet No. 1112
Pyrokid17@hotmail.com