 Castle / 13171
Re: Themes (was: Payback time)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 10 May 2002 23:55:12 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Matt Hein writes:
I looked under the Lugnet database for Black Falcons, but I only
came up to one result, that being the black falcon's fortress. Can anyone
tell me what's up with this? Don't sets like King's Castle and Catapult
also fit under this theme, if they indeed, contain black falcon figures, and
their signature designs?

Lugnet categorizes based on the official subthemes.  Since the Yellow Castle,
King's Castle, Knight's Castle, and other early sets have no official subtheme,
they fall under "classic."

Hmm...this has just been another question that always
seems to go unanswered. Who exactly got the idea to include
crusader, Black Falcon sets, etc, in classic? A bit confusing...

See above.

All the same, I think a more "to the point" organization is
needed for these themes, regardless of what the original
packing was. (no, I'm not saying to include a wolfpack set in
with dark forest, if it includes a robber, but what I'm saying
here is to get a more punctual organization. I don't exactly
mean to be a bother to this, but this seems like a good idea...)

Again, when the database was created, it was decided to categorize based on the
official subthemes.  It is a perfectly logical way of doing it.

Jeff