 Castle / 13183
13182  |  13184
Subject:
More Ideas (Was:BrickFest 2002 Castle Room)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 12:02:47 GMT

Let's see if we can get some discussion going on the Tournaments Model
Judging, and a panel idea for Brickfest.  :)

-Tournament-
Personally, I thought last year's tournament was a bit too simplistic.  I was
thinking we could use the Brik Wars rules to generate statistics for tournament
entrants, with a limited number of points to try and keep them all balanced.
Statistics would have to be submitted beforehand to make sure there are not too
powerful and there is no cheating.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?  Like it,
dislike it?  Are there rules you think would work better?

-Model Judging-
There was some talk last year that small models didn't have a chance of winning
last year, so I was thinking there could be two categories for popular voting,
small models and large models.  In addition, there could be a panel of judges
who would select their one favorite model from those same categories.  What is
everyone's thoughts on this?  Do you like this idea, or dislike it?  Would you
prefer only a popular vote, or a Judges-only vote?

-Castle World Panel-
I had the idea that the administrators of Castle World and some of the more
prolific writers could get together for a panel to talk about the future of
Castle World, and talk about their upcoming and former stories.  There might
even be enough content for two panels.  Is there interest in seeing this, and
for the people who'd be on the panel, are you interested in actually doing it?

Jeff
Brickfest 2002
Castle Room Coordinator