 CAD / Development / 6848
Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 00:07:26 GMT

You're forgetting one important connection!  The connection between the tire
and the road surface.  What about that?

-Mike

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kyle McDonald writes:
Now, if we can model gear-teeth meshing, that will be incredibly
awesome...

Yes it would. It'd be nice to also be able to model each axle and
it's gears in a function that is called every timestep, and is
passed in the number of degrees whatever is driving has moved in
the time that elapsed. It could then call all the same 'functions'
for all the axle/gear combos that it drives, multiplying or dividing
the degrees as appropriate. Well I'm sure it needs polishing, but
it's and Idea anyway...

-Kyle

Steve