 Off-Topic / Fun / 8885
Re: God(tm)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 14:04:29 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Maggie Cambron writes:

OMG(tm) Matt, I guess you didn't know about Dave! I mean about how he was once
held hostage for hours by Scientologists in a room in which a montage of
scenes from Battlefield Earth was projected onto the walls around him while
the theme from Welcome Back Kotter played softly in the background as they
went to work, and the door was barred shut causing him to miss his bus and
have to walk six miles home (uphill) in the snow....

  Look, can we just get past this?  I'm sure it was as unpleasant for the
Scientologists as it was for me, but I'd like to let bygones be bygones (not
that I have anything against the Church of Scientology, which is
unquestionably *NOT* a propaganda-driven, pseudo-religious loony bin packed
with a roster of narcissistic celebrities with no real authority on
spiritual matters).
  I may have mentioned this before, but during my 90 minute appointment (NOT
an indoctrination session) my counselor (NOT my browbeater or brainwasher)
smoked an entire pack of Marlboro reds.  An ENTIRE pack!

     Dave!

8^)