 CAD / Development / 6817
Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 00:23:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tim Courtney writes:
I was approached yesterday via email by a couple of LDraw fans, and attached
was the document below, perfectly formatted in the LDraw.org page layout.
After a couple developer responses, I decided to post it here for discussion.

http://www.ldraw.org/reference/specs/lcd/

I know its not the first time this has come up, but I like how complete
their ideas are.  This might be something....

I'll probably stay out of a technical discussion, because that's beyond my
primary skills.  But, feel free to discuss!  I hope something comes out of it!!

Tim Courtney - tim@ldraw.org
Centralized LDraw Resources - http://www.ldraw.org

Well I've read over it...

Good Ideas...

Now figure out a way of getting scripting into the toolset as well.
(Currently the only tool is the LDS script compiler.. Which I cant find the
URL for..:-( )

Of course ultimatly it will be possible thanks to D3D and Quickdraw or
Mesa to have 3D Realtime editing for Ldraw...  Add in some source code from
Blender and Pov-ray...

And make a feature film in software!!

And then we can of course continue to improve the toolset...!!

Alex