 CAD / Development / 6805
Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 00:24:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Gary Thomas writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Tim Courtney writes:
I was approached yesterday via email by a couple of LDraw fans, and attached
was the document below, perfectly formatted in the LDraw.org page layout.
After a couple developer responses, I decided to post it here for discussion.

http://www.ldraw.org/reference/specs/lcd/

I know its not the first time this has come up, but I like how complete
their ideas are.  This might be something....

I'll probably stay out of a technical discussion, because that's beyond my
primary skills.  But, feel free to discuss!  I hope something comes out of it!!

Tim Courtney - tim@ldraw.org
Centralized LDraw Resources - http://www.ldraw.org

Great proposal, this is would be a very good step for the future of Lego CAD
systems - especially once headsets/3d displays are in common use.  It would
also be great for writing AI software that could 'play' with Legos.

Yes!  A random Lego model generator!  That would be distinctly weird, but fun :)

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com