 CAD / Development / 6798
Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 18:14:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Can ANY of it go into DAT files without major pain? I think it may all need
to be lookaside based on extensibility.

The only pain is updating all the parts at once.  But if we collect and
format the data, we could use a script to (a) insert the data into the files
and (b) report problems: no LCD data for a file, problems inserting the LCD
data into a file, or LCD data that doesn't match a file.

Any (textual) data can be recorded on a meta-statement in a part file.  For
connections, this could be like:

0 LCD <type> <position> <orientation> <size>

Where <type> is a (alpha)numeric code, position and orientation are numeric
triples, and size is one or more numeric items.

Steve