 CAD / *33125 (-100)
  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I looked here: (URL) and here: (URL) I didn't see that as an explicitly stated goal. I may have missed it somewhere else though. (...) I'm not sure I agree. Perhaps slightly less than if they are. I think there are lots of learning (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I know. (...) Because learning more about what we can do with the LDraw format (IMO) is one of the aims of the contest. And if the files aren't published we don't learn much. Making sure we are allowed to publish the DAT/MPD files also means (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I think this is an unreasonable restriction. I'd be interested in understanding why this is something that should be insisted on. In the offline discussions prior to presenting this proposal and elsewhere in the thread, there seem to be a (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I agree with your ambition. It makes good sense to let MOTM focus strictly on the models and let SOTM cover more broader aspects of presenting models. (...) Makes good sense. And I would prefer that we insist that the submissitted files can be (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I agree with this in spirit. Yes, bring the attention back to the models. However I do have some alternative ideas, or at least variations on the ideas presented. Initially I thought the best way would be to make the dat files available so one (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) Models can be copyrighted for different reasons, like: 1. They are commissioned commercially 2. They are sold by the creator 3. They belong to a larger copyrighted work (i.e. a book) While I respect copyrights (it comes with the age, it (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?

(...) [snip] (...) I just wanted to add one more post in an attempt to clear up any confusion that may have been caused in this thread. What Andy says above is correct, and my earlier post indicating otherwise was incorrect. The two dimensional (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) All I have to add is a 'me too' to Tim's thought. I'll never pay for a copyrighted .dat file but that doesn't mean that people don't have the right to keep the files they make private. Not to sidetrack further, but the matter becomes nastily (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

--snip-- (...) BEFORE this topic went public, there was discussion (within LDraw) about submitions from indiviudals that might later on want to make the models commercially avaliable. By submitting their LDraw files and making them public their (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I was thinking, what if someone submitted a model team style MOC or an even larger Technic MOC, say a truck and they had added a very detailed crane behind the cab, from the rear view it could end up quite small and possibly obscured by the (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I agree (strongly) with Orion here. While I'd love to have copies of other people's LDraw files when voting for the contest, ultimately the decision to make the source of a model public should remain up to the author. -Tim (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) Agreed. -Tim (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I still would like to respect the author's choice not to have the raw DAT code posted, it is after all his/her property. -Orion (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I think this analogy is not so great. The reason why we can't take things home from a museum is that things there are unique and in a museum more people can come see it. In the virtual world it's rather the other way around: things are not (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?

(...) Hmmm, very good point. I don't like treating specific object specially, but I don't see any way around it. I played around with the stud and with a 'solid' cylinder object, I couldn't find a way to get L3Lab's BFC handling to fail. Steve (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) While I was at work, I thought of another great reason to switch to DAT code enties: instructions on how to build the model can be made available if the auther allows. There are quite a few MOTM entries that I'd love to build but can't because (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) It not so much that models are winning because they're rendered better, it's that I feel some entries are being overlooked because they look "worse". To me, this seems unfair to the beginner who, while having great modelling ideas, hasn't yet (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) While I understand the desire to have all models publicly available, I respect the authors desire to keep his/her efforts out of the public domain. A great analogy of this is that you can go a museum and look at an exhibit, you can even take (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

hello all, My compliments to Orion and his efforts to make the MOTM contest more fair. But I do wonder why there is a need for this. Have there been doubtful submissions in the past? My biggest puzzle however is the copyight issue. Steve, in reply (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: WARNING: Bootleg instruction scans CD pack

(...) LEGO (TLC) could diffuse the whole issue by just issuing the old instructions under a copyleft or Creative Commons license and making them available to us all via lego.com sheesh! why do I have to keep telling the same people the same things (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: WARNING: Bootleg instruction scans CD pack

(...) This looks like it's a straight copyright violation, and whether he's making money off it or not is irrellevant to that charge (it would only affect the financial amount for which he would be liable). >> Mark (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) If you want to focus on presentation, then Scene is the contest for you, that's the idea behind this idea. Leveling the playing field via automation encourages everyone to focus on the model. We DON'T want someone to win because they had (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) clip (...) I can understand your concern as to shift the focus more towards the modeling side of the process, yet am concerned that it seems as if the rendering process will be come almost an afterthought if your suggestions are followed. (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?

(...) Actually, I *think* it's the new ATA controller card I installed, and LDView was just an innocent bystander. However, since LDView doesn't do BFC, I guess I didn't miss anything. (...) Yes, you could use INVERTNEXT, but that introduces (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) Just to point out - this discussion is only about the Model of the Month. The Scene of the Month contest would not be change. This would help sharpen focus of MOTM on the actual LDraw model, and SOTM would focus on composition, rendering (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) One minor thing. L3P's default view that most people are used to is equivalent to -cg30,45,0. I really think the latitude of 30 is preferable to the latitude of 45 for most models. --Travis Cobbs (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  *** LDView Version 2.1 Released ***

LDView version 2.1 is now available, in both source and binary forms. You can download either from: (URL) This version has a bunch of changes. Some highlights include: Zoom to Fit using L3P's auto camera position algorithm (thanks Lars) Hidden line (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

After formal running the MOTM contest for a month, I've becomed concerned with the fairness of the contest. In response to my concerns, I'd like to make the following changes to the rules for MOTM in order to level the playing field. - All (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: WARNING: Bootleg instruction scans CD pack

(...) Whether they came from Brickshelf or not, he's still making money off of LEGO's property. --SteveR (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: WARNING: Bootleg instruction scans CD pack

(...) If you ARE SURE SURE that his/her CD-ROM does INDEED have the brickshelf.com scans, send a message to Jack McKee. He works for TLC and cam make sure that the proper people at LEGO close this down if need be. You can email jake at: (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Dinosaur parts  [DAT]

(...) I done it. Only the orientation could be a question. Steve please tell me a part-number for this. CU Bernd ---...--- 0 Animal Tail Section (Middle) with Pin 0 Name: Animal_Tail.dat 0 Author: Bernd Broich 0 Unofficial Part 0 KEYWORDS Dinosaur, (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Dinosaur parts

(...) I began the Tail Section with Pin. CU Bernd (21 years ago, 3-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?

(...) You're right; I'm wrong. I'm still having a hard time visualizing it, but your stud example below convinced me that negating the one value in the matrix will indeed flip a 2D primitive like a disk, and this is the expected behavior. In fact, (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?

(...) I do this all the time, too. Just a minus sign in stead of 'BFC INVERTNEXT' each time can save some diskspace, which I've been told is something to go for, too. Niels (21 years ago, 3-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  WARNING: Bootleg instruction scans CD pack

Just found someone in an online selling site selling a pack of 8 CDs advertised as containing over 20,000 Lego instruction scans. Im posting this into many news groups as the items in question are advertised to contain instruction scans from (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jan-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?  [DAT]

(...) I think it works just fine. L3Lab correctly detects that the matrix is mirroring, see View/Tree View... and click the BFC radio button, it should say INVERT in front of the line. When we discussed the BFC business the general assumption was (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?

(...) If this is the case then we need to go back through all the BFC'd parts and find instances of this type of matrix. Since L3Lab allows inverting the sign of the Y component and it's currently the only program to easily check for correct (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?

(...) L3Lab supports BFC INVERTNEXT. /Tore (21 years ago, 3-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?  [DAT]

(...) I do agree that it isn't supposed to work, because the BFC spec very carefully states that any polygons drawn with an aggregate matrix that causes mirroring must be flipped back. (...) I'm sorry that LDView is crashing your system, but it (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Dinosaur parts

(...) The tail sections are in my to-do-bucket. But there are many, many parts with higher priority... /Tore (21 years ago, 2-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Why is the Thickness of Liftarms changing?

(...) Indeed but... too late now :-( (...) ...but using plates on side of liftarms can be very helpful to stiffen chassis built with them. Philo (21 years ago, 2-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Dinosaur parts

Hi all, is anybody working on these files? Animal Dinosaur Tail Section with Pin (URL) Dinosaur Tail Section End (URL) Dinosaur Head Small (URL) Bernd (21 years ago, 2-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad)

  December MOTM/SOTM Winners, January Voting Open

Congratulations to the winners of the December Model/Scene of the month contests: MOTM, Gregory J Overkamp, Studliner Refuse Disposal Unit SOTM, John Miller, 1687 Transport Team Voting for the January 2004 Model of the Month and Scene of the Month (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce) !

  Re: Why is the Thickness of Liftarms changing?

(...) Thank you for this illustration. I see your point. These parts should have been originally modeled rotated 90 degrees around Z so that the liftarm "thickness" would have been the same a brick "width". I think I can safely say that I have (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Happy New Year 2004 - Library 500 is available now! And a new website too!

For those of you who don't visit my webpages daily, the new version 500 of my Lego library for POV-Ray is available now! The link to my webpages is: (URL) New Year! Anton (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Keyword in description missing

(...) I'll do it, but first I have to clean up this one: (URL) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Why is the Thickness of Liftarms changing?

(...) are several of these liftarms getting changed to 18LDU? (...) Liftarms are narrower than bricks, you don't even need a caliper to see it : (URL) ...and measured with a caliper : brick width: 7.8mm liftarm width: 7.4mm liftarm height: 7.8mm As (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Keyword in description missing

(...) I agree. And the Pattern should be rebuild. In the moment it is converted with bmp2dat and so it needs some time to load the part in the preview. Also it doesn't look fine when you zoom in. CU Bernd PS: I don't own the part, so I can't rebuild (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Keyword in description missing

While we are at it, I think part 3754P01.DAT Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with LL2079 Floating Astronaut Picture should be renamed to Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with LL2079 Floating Astronaut Pattern Jaco (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Why is the Thickness of Liftarms changing?

(...) I confirm Pauls measurement. I compared it with a brick and it has the same thickness. This is also needed to connect a pin with the holes. CU Bernd (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Why is the Thickness of Liftarms changing?

(...) What are you using to measure with? I use a dial caliper. Paul (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: why I love subfiles...

(...) I'm going to have to agree with Tore on this one. Subfile are useful for repeated patterns and "without faces" parts, to me, your example seems to use subfiles uneccesarily. -Orion (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas)

  Re: Why is the Thickness of Liftarms changing?

(...) I've measured these and several others have as well and we all got 18 LDU -Orion (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Modelling Pnuematics

(...) Great! I'll go and get it. (...) I've had a lot of success since my earlier post, I cut down the long tube part with bulged ends in LDDP and just used multiples of that. Thanks Steven (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Newbie question on printing b/w and colour hints

(...) Boy, that would be *very* hard to have happen automatically. Automatic placement of the color labels would be problematic at best. It is *much* easier to put the color labels in the part list image. The label is some location relative to the (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: Modelling Pnuematics

(...) I've encountered this bug, as well. It seems to happen mainly on parts that have been scaled. The workaround is to select multiple objects to move, making sure that at least one part isn't scaled. For this reason, I often keep an extra (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Newbie question on printing b/w and colour hints

(...) LPub's approach is a great one (and one that I use as well in the parts lists that I include in my instructions) but it doesn't do what Ahui is asking, precisely, that is, it doesn't provide "callouts with a letter for the color". I'm not (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: Modelling Pnuematics

(...) thanks. (...) Steve (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Newbie question on printing b/w and colour hints

(...) This is an old issue. All the building instruction books that Syngress has published are black and white. LPub supports this by indicating color in the part list images. (...) LPub. (...) I have a bit of experience here as well. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: Need partnumbers and some partnames

(...) There are trainbases with and without motorcutouts, some with the same size. That's why I suggested to add the cutout to the name. Also for seeking those parts as one of them is just a plate. Perhaps adding Motorcutout as a keyword can help to (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Newbie question on printing b/w and colour hints

(...) Well I printed my first custom kit instructions on a HP deskjet 6122 colour inkjet, and was totally happy with the results. My customers also gave positive feedback on the quality. There are some very reasonably priced good quality colour (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Newbie question on printing b/w and colour hints

(...) I print in B&W and also in color, but charge extra for color. I tend to make my models in only a few colors (no more than 3-4 main colors at most) so the various grays are distinguishable, especially since I use subassemblies, and I describe (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, FTX)

"Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HqqMC2.21u4@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) output (...) kinkos (...) color (...) and (...) printing out (...) [ ... snipped ... ] Going to Kinko's to have them printed will cost a (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Need partnumbers and some partnames

(...) x389.dat Technic Brick 1 x 2 with Hole and Thin Top x290.dat Magnet Holder for Train Base 6 x 22 Type I x303.dat Train Base 6 x 22 with Cutout Type I x303c01.dat Train Base 6 x 22 with Cutout Type I with Magnets (Complete) x304c01.dat ~Train (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Newbie question on printing b/w and colour hints

(...) I am not aware of any current application that will do callouts with a letter for the color. I think you are the first person I read/see/hear that has brought this issue up. =0 Does anyone have an application in the works that can do the (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: LDraw.org 2003-03 Parts Update Now Available

(...) Another thing to look at is that XP explorer will attempt to open compressed files, like zip, when you click on them. Maybe it recognises it as a self-extracting EXE and tries to open it to display the contents? ROSCO (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Why is the Thickness of Liftarms changing?

(...) Yes that seems strange, as far as I can tell all these liftarms are the same width as a 1xN brick, so should be modelled as 20LDU as the bricks are. ROSCO (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?

In lugnet.cad.dev, Chris Dee wrote: [snip] One other thing: before you update a file for BFC, be sure there are no serious L3P errors -- vertex order is the big problem, but you should also take care of non-coplanar quads and singular matrices as (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?  [DAT]

(...) That shouldn't work -- the rendering program should detect that you've mirrored the object, and adjust accordingly. Unfortunately, I see that it does 'work' in L3Lab. LDView is crashing my system right now, so I couldn't check it. What you (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Why is the Thickness of Liftarms changing?

This part is on the Part Tracker; (URL) 32278 I have has a thickness of .0309" which is approximately 19.77LDU. Why are several of these liftarms getting changed to 18LDU? Paul (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Newbie question on printing b/w and colour hints

I was quickly grabbing a few LDR files of christmas related things for my kids to build next year, and was printing them on the only cheap printer we have which is a b/w laser, but of course the colours are impossible to decipher. Is there anything (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org 2003-03 Parts Update Now Available

(...) Okay I found a way to remove them. If after installing the lcad0303.exe file and you are having trouble deleting it aftewards please follow these steps. For Windows 2000 & XP 1) Shut down your PC 2) Turn on your PC 3) Click on Start --> Run (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Modelling Pnuematics

(...) These files have already been created - take a look at: (URL)I could also do with a straight tube generator like the flexible one, although (...) ? Interesting. Steve (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Possible part number for Hailfire Droid wheels?

(...) I suppose it's possible, but that would just be a guess. (...) :) (...) A rutebaga? Steve (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Modelling Pnuematics

(...) JP Brown has made one of these. I've started on the new style pneumatic switch. I've got the case and the lever worked out. Just need to get onto parts tracker. Have you tried LSynth for your hoses? It can easily do straight hoses. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Modelling Pnuematics

Trying to add pnuematics to one of my virtual creations has led me to come up with a few suggestions to improve the current situation. Firstly we need a correctly sized tube. The flex tube is the same diameter as the pnumatic nozzle so that's no (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Numbers Report - 30 Dec 2003

Section Totals 118 certified files. 223 files need admin review. 519 files need more votes. 500 have uncertified subfiles. 151 held files. Total Files: 1,511 Comparison with Prev. Report: 2003-12-30: 118 / 223 / 519 / 500 / 151 (1,511) 2003-12-22: (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  (LDraw.org 2003-03 Parts Update Now Available) Problem

(...) there was a way along time ago i used to get rid of a file.. try moving it to a floppy disk (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LDraw.org 2003-03 Parts Update Now Available

(...) Same problem with the .exe file here. Will not delete and nothing is using it but it acts like it's open, even after reboot. The only way I could get rid of it was to delete the directory it was in in entirety after moving everything else out, (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?

(...) I started parts authoring without knowing about BFC. When I read something about BFC-ing here on lugnet, I started to dig myself into it, reading documentation (from www.ldraw.org), trying things out and now I know enough about it. I only (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.org 2003-03 Parts Update Now Available

(...) Strange, I encountered no problems installing lcad0303.exe. (Windows 98SE) I downloaded both the exe and the zip. Both doing fine. I use the exe to update my parts library and the zip into a different location just to see which files are in (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?

(...) I use LDDP and L3Lab with "Poll to L3Lab & LDview" + "Poll to selected line only" turned on. going through the code with CRTL+W (orion please don't forget my special request) rewinding what's needed. w. (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.org 2003-03 Parts Update Now Available

(...) I downloaded the .exe update version and ran it but CAN NOT delete the lcad0303.exe file afterwards. I have restarted my machine and even fully shut it down and still CAN NOT delete the file. Whenever I try (using windows XP) windows tells me: (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?  [DAT]

(...) For the two-dimensional primitives (disc, ndis, ring, chrd) you can do the following: Say you have a disc in the x-z plane, like: 1 16 0 0 0 10 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 10 4-4disc.dat If this has the wrong BFC winding, you can just flip (mirror) the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?

(...) I use Notepad (NOTEPAD.EXE), until the DAT file gets too huge, whereupon I use WordPad (WORDPAD.EXE) to continue editing the file. I use a calculator and scratch paper (to do a rough sketch and to keep notes of important locations). Whenever I (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Need partnumbers and some partnames

Now the parts update 2003-03 is released, I started to make some parts I have already created ready for upload to the parts tracker. I need partnumbers for the following parts. I also want to know if the partnames are correct. * Technic Brick 1 x 2 (...) (21 years ago, 29-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: BFC And Mirroring (LDS)

(...) Thanks Steve. :) (21 years ago, 29-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?

(...) OK - it's not a technique I use, but in an email conversation recently somebody convinced me that inverting the matrix would switch the winding. Now that I test it again I found I was mistaken. Chris (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Keyword in description missing

(...) OK - I'll make it so. Chris (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: BFC And Mirroring (LDS)

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson wrote: [snip] (...) Yes. Steve (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?

In lugnet.cad.dev, Chris Dee wrote: [snip] Thanks for writing this up, Chris! Your explanation was very good in all respects except for one small point: (...) Actually, negating the transformation matrix should not invert any object; and even if it (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Keyword in description missing

(...) I feel pretty strongly that the title for all patterned parts should end in the word Pattern. I would consider this enough of a reason to make the change. (...) Steve (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Possible part number for Hailfire Droid wheels?

The inner carton in set 4481 (Hailfire Droid) which contains the two giant wheels bears a small sticker with two numbers 47742 and 4204700. Is it possible that 47742 is the part number for the wheel (and 4204700 a number for combo package) ? It was (...) (21 years ago, 27-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?

(...) I think ease or difficulty depends on which tools you use to author parts. I use LDAO as the editor with L3Lab for preview and find it reasonably easy. Others may wish to comment with reference to their favourite tools. To BFC an existing DAT (...) (21 years ago, 27-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  BFC And Mirroring (LDS)

As I am into a major revision of the LDS Compiler, I have stumbled upon the problem with mirroring and extruding and their effect on BFD winding. My question is: Is it correct to rewind the points if a polygon has been mirrored an odd number of (...) (21 years ago, 27-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: why I love subfiles...

(...) Sorry, I don't get the message at all. In the example you gave, I see no reason for sub-filing at all. On the contrary, to me it looks like a typical example of very unnecessary subfiling. Please be more specific why sub-filing would add (...) (21 years ago, 27-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas)

  Re: Pat 44567 - Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 1 Finger On Side

(...) Thank for the cortribution Mark but I posted this part to the Parts Tracker a few months ago: (URL) (21 years ago, 27-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  why I love subfiles...  [DAT]

...Versatility, my friends, versatility! (As in this example, below.) 0 FILE 3068bp40.dat 0 Tile 2 x 2 with Magic Scroll Pattern 0 Name: 3068bp40.dat 0 Author: Andrew Westrate 0 Unofficial Part 0 BFC CERTIFY CCW 0 CMDLINE -c15 0 KEYWORDS Castle, (...) (21 years ago, 26-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas)

  Pat 44567 - Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 1 Finger On Side  [DAT]

Thanks to Chris Dee <chris_w_dee@hotmail.com> for creating primative CLH6.DAT (Click Lock Hinge Single Finger for Plate Ends) available in the LDRAW_ORG Primitive UPDATE 2003-03. First time I saw this part was in bag 1 of the set 4024 - Advent (...) (21 years ago, 26-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: MLCad: maximum filesize?

Do you have a fast computer or are you going at REAL turtle-speed? "Maarten Steurbaut" <maarten.steurbaut@skynet.be> escribió en el mensaje news:HpsA05.1J9@lugnet.com... (...) image (...) (21 years ago, 25-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact