 CAD / Development / 9378
Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 10:28:14 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Franklin W. Cain wrote:
I think ease or difficulty depends on which tools you use
to author parts.

I use Notepad (NOTEPAD.EXE), until the DAT file gets too huge,
whereupon I use WordPad (WORDPAD.EXE) to continue editing the file.
I use a calculator and scratch paper (to do a rough sketch and
to keep notes of important locations).

Whenever I need to see how my code looks, I (usually) use L3Lab,
but only to render the file (not to edit the file)...

For a pen-and-paper kind of author, what's involved in BFC-ing
a file?  Please explain, "keep track of the winding."

Thanks!

I started parts authoring without knowing about BFC. When I read something about
BFC-ing here on lugnet, I started to dig myself into it, reading documentation
(from www.ldraw.org), trying things out and now I know enough about it. I only
create new parts BFC-compliant.

"Keep track of the winding" means that you wind all quads and triangles the same
way, either all clockwise or all counterclockwise when seen towards the outer
surface of the part you create.

(I use LDDP and L3Lab when creating parts)

Niels