 CAD / Development / 9390
Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 04:49:45 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss wrote:
LDView is crashing my system right now, so I couldn't check it.

I'm sorry that LDView is crashing your system, but it won't help here anyway,
since it doesn't have BFC support.

Actually, I *think* it's the new ATA controller card I installed, and LDView was just
an innocent bystander.

However, since LDView doesn't do BFC, I guess I didn't miss anything.

What you should do is flip the 2D object.  Inverting both X and Y is the same as
rotating 180 degrees around the Z axis:
1 16 0 0 0 -10 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 10 4-4disc.dat

Or you could just use INVERTNEXT, which will work for both 2D and 3D objects,
and doesn't require any additional matrix math (Isn't that what it's there
for?):

0 BFC INVERTNEXT
1 16 0 0 0 10 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 10 4-4disc.dat

Yes, you could use INVERTNEXT, but that introduces complications -- your code is now
on two lines that always have to stay together.  Why not just rotate the object to
get the effect you want?  No special code, no playing with the matrix.  KISS
principle all the way.

Steve