 CAD / Development / 9372
Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 21:21:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Chris Dee wrote:
[snip]

Thanks for writing this up, Chris!

Your explanation was very good in all respects except for one small point:

... although for cylinders it
is possible to turn them inside out by negating the transformation matrix, and
adjusting the position).

Actually, negating the transformation matrix should not invert any object; and even
if it does, it's not a valid technique for BFC'ing.

Steve

OK - it's not a technique I use, but in an email conversation recently somebody
convinced me that inverting the matrix would switch the winding. Now that I test
it again I found I was mistaken.

Chris