 CAD / LDraw Files / Ideas / 201
Re: why I love subfiles...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.ideas
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 01:14:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.ideas, Tore Eriksson wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.ideas, Franklin W. Cain wrote:
...Versatility, my friends, versatility!  (As in this example, below.)

0 FILE 3068bp40.dat

Sorry, I don't get the message at all. In the example you gave, I see no reason
for sub-filing at all. On the contrary, to me it looks like a typical example of
very unnecessary subfiling.

Please be more specific why sub-filing would add versatility in your example.

/Tore
(who really dislikes excessive use of subfiles)

I'm going to have to agree with Tore on this one.  Subfile are useful for
repeated patterns and "without faces" parts, to me, your example seems to use
subfiles uneccesarily.

-Orion